Respected Contributor

Thought I was a million dollar Winner today !!

[ Edited ]

I had a vm on my landline today stating I just won 10 million dollars and a 2021 Mercedes Benz from Publishers Clearing house !!!   They left a cb# and a code # to claim my prize. So I thought hum! publishers clearing house delivers the prize to your door at least that's what I have seen on TV. So I called my daughter to give her the exciting news and she says call them back mom and have them meet you at the police station with the check and the car and I thought that's a great idea !! (She's so smart ) So I call the number and get a guy on the phone, tell him I am calling to claim my prize and I noticed there was a lot of static in the phone line and he had a accent ( are you getting where I am going with this ?)

So I tell him I have my claim # and he says are you calling from your cell phone ? I said no my landline and what difference does it make. He says he wants to send me a picture. I asked why that was necessary I'm calling for my prize !  He hung up !!!  I am so surprised with publishers clearing house !! a big company like that had static on the line and hung up on me because I didn't give them my cell# !  Oh and one more thing, I never entered  the publishers clearing house contest !!  Fair warning !!  The only thing I'm sorry about is that I didn't get to tell that scammer  to meet me at the police station !

Honored Contributor

Re: I'm a Big Money Winner today !!

I would never have called the number back.  Now all sorts of junk calls will probably come to you.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Re: I'm a Big Money Winner today !!

@gidgetghwrote:

I would never have called the number back.  Now all sorts of junk calls will probably come to you.

Thanks but I'm not worried, I don't have to answer as a matter of fact most times I don't answer. Sometimes it's just fun to give them a taste of their own medicine !
Honored Contributor

Re: Thought I was a million dollar Winner today !!

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes   I can feel your disappointment....every few months I am issued a million dollar check from some magistrate in London, just have to supply my bank information to deposit....Wow, I could have been a billionaire by now but i just hit delete.

Sadly, and PCH is very misleading, enough people provide information buying the koolaid.  As you advance in age, the give aways increase.  

Respected Contributor

You are advised NOT to ever call anyone like this back.

It tells the caller that your number is legitimate

You are engaging in a conversation that you know is a scam.

Don't invite trouble if you don't have any.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrdwrote:

I can feel your disappointment....every few months I am issued a million dollar check from some magistrate in London, just have to supply my bank information to deposit....Wow, I could have been a billionaire by now but i just hit delete.

Sadly, and PCH is very misleading, enough people provide information buying the koolaid. As you advance in age, the give aways increase.

Yep ! you know he was going to ask for my personal information but this girl is not stupid and I don't drink the koolaid.  I just wanted to give a heads up. I have entered publishers clearing house contest several times many years ago and I know they want you to enter because they are also trying to sell magazines.  I didn't enter

Honored Contributor

Ah heck.....I would call several times a day and ask for my money and car.  I'd give out the info and ask my friends and family to call too.

I'd surely want my prizes.  I'd call until they put me on a do not call list.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  How funny! Good for you wasting his time and having a good time doing it. I will play a game to waste their time sometimes if I am in the mood to really "p" them off.