Honored Contributor

I just feel their story is not true.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I thought they looked a little too toned to have been stuck on that boat with little to no room to exercise for that long.  I also don't remember hearing about a sailboat that had gone missing six months ago.  Wouldn't that have made the news?

Hope to get some facts on this story because it comes across as rather odd, based on the statements of these two women.

Glad the beasties are ok.

Honored Contributor

Wouldn't you think some news people would be looking into their story?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Wouldn't you think some news people would be looking into their story?

They are.  It will take a while but they can track the storms that those women claim the encountered, they can track currents, phyiologists can asses their bodies to determine if they look like they've been through such an ordeal and psychologists can assess if it's likely that they behaved like survivors of such a long life threatening ordeal.  The thing that made me doubt them was that they said "we didn't do this"  "we didn't do that"  "we should have done this or that but we didn't"  If they were so clueless and inexperienced, if they were such novices....they wouldn't taken journey they weren't prepared for.

Esteemed Contributor

@NorthernLights

I'm glad they packed 5 months worth of dog food and clean drinking water for their dogs. How much weight did they and their dogs lose? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Those women lost at sea

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking...since they had food and water and emergency signalling stuff they didn't bother using...maybe they saw the Navy boat and wanted to meet some sailors.  Simple as that.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

esme wrote:

I'm thinking...since they had food and water and emergency signalling stuff they didn't bother using...maybe they saw the Navy boat and wanted to meet some sailors.  Simple as that.

@esmerelda...lol...Yeah, it must have definitely been a very lonely 5 months drifting around out there on the sea!...lol

My husband was in the Navy and went on several "shakedown cruises" for three months at a time....Once they hit a port, those guys went wild!....That's how I met him!...lol

Love your post! Woman Very Happy

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Not so sure about wanting to meet sailors.  I kind of got the impression that they were a couple.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't believe a word of it.

When she said "we saw the blue boat"........ Who says "boat"..... It's a ship and she should have known that.

They called for help for 98 days but didn't feel they were in imminent danger and didn't want to upset others who might really be in danger???  Hmmm, I would think 98 days IS danger.

They and their dogs looked much too good for being adrift for almost 6 months.  Even the navy guys said "they looked remarkably healthy" considering what they went through.  That said it all.....

I think they were looking for a book and/or a movie deal.  I don't see that happening now.  JMO