Trusted Contributor

Re: Those people who want to be in the audiences of TV shows.

Good Morning America now looks like a game show.  They spend a lot of time showing the folks in their audience whose applause continues throughout the show.  Compliments from the hosts on the "great audience" followed by more appllause.  The set itself is horrible.  Well, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

I think it's just a personality thing.  Some people are the hee-hee-ha-ha whoopity do type of people.  Some people, like myself are not.  I wouldn't stand outside of the Today show window if someone paid me a $1000 but I have friends who would think of that as a high point of their trip to NYC.  I remember years ago when we went to Hawaii for the first time, we staye in a hotel that had handball court and Tom Selleck would pay and when people got word of it, the crowd went 3 deep with people trying to get a glimps of Selleck.  I was 25 years younge then and honestly, I did not understand the fascination.

Trusted Contributor

People agree to go on JJ because the money comes from the show. 

I don't know why anyone would want to see The View.  

Respected Contributor

When they taped in CT a few years ago, I was in the audience of two shows of "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire."  Before it starts, the warm-up guy comes out and gives a little talk, and says the person who claps the loudest will receive a prize.  You know how during the credits, the announcer says: "A member of the studio audience will receive .."?

That must be the prize.

Valued Contributor

I wish we could all get along a little better.

I have not attended an audience situation/event  but I sure like the feelings of energy and excitement for different things that those folks might have.

For what it is worth I have also never taken a selfie.

I also never looked down on my mother who followed the rules of ettiquette, was poised and adult and asked that we behave ourselves in public. 

Everyone one of us is so different and as long as you are not hurting anyone we should all rejoice in our differences. IMHO.

Honored Contributor

My family and a friend of mine went to see the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson live once. What a blast. I don't we acted like idiots, but I know I have elsewhere (1964, Hollywood Bowl, Beatles concert).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

They're having fun and not hurting anyone.

What about that is something you need to understand?

Respected Contributor

Image result for quotes about having fun

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

When I was in high school, my girlfriends and I were in the audience for The Newlywed game show.  We clapped like seals and laughed on cue. 

I would have loved being in the audience for Johnny Carson or David Letterman.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

@Tyak. I agree about Judge Judy!  No way would I ever want to go before her.  She is soooooo rude so often!!!!

yes, I am not a fan of judge Judy.... I think she is very rude and full of herself and all of her power.  A judge does not have to be that way.

I wonder if her gruff demeanor is part of her schtick and draws in viewers. 

I think it is her "Schlick" and it does  get her a following.  I think she is really just a brilliant person and reads people really well....they get nothing past her!