Honored Contributor

Re: Those people who want to be in the audiences of TV shows.

@Marp wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Like on  the Today show crowd outside in the plaza... acting like idiots most of the time with signs and costumes  jumping up and down and screaming.......  just to be on TV.... or in audiences of shows like Ellen or the like... doing whatever they are told to do to look excited or jumping for joy  and more screaming.....

What kind of person wants to do  THAT?  What is  the prize?  It really stumps me. 

Apparently people of whom you do not approve and look down uponl.

@Marp     Nice explaination! Thanks for sharing! LOL!

Honored Contributor

What do you think about people who attend QVC studio shows?  I wonder if they get any freebies.  Hopefully those folks fare better in your estimation.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

@Tyak. I agree about Judge Judy!  No way would I ever want to go before her.  She is soooooo rude so often!!!!

yes, I am not a fan of judge Judy.... I think she is very rude and full of herself and all of her power.  A judge does not have to be that way.

I wonder if her gruff demeanor is part of her schtick and draws in viewers. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Like on  the Today show crowd outside in the plaza... acting like idiots most of the time with signs and costumes  jumping up and down and screaming.......  just to be on TV.... or in audiences of shows like Ellen or the like... doing whatever they are told to do to look excited or jumping for joy  and more screaming.....

What kind of person wants to do  THAT?  What is  the prize?  It really stumps me. 

It's a fun experience for them and they'll have the memories of the fun they had. They go with family and friends and wave to family and friends. Life isn't about prizes for everyone. For some, life is about experiences and memories.

@Alison Wonderland    that is a good explaination. Thanks for sharing!

You're welcome, @SeaMaidenI used to think it was totally crazy for people to stand in line for things like movies and product releases, like iPhones. It just made no sense to me at all. But one day I was in an outdoor mall and saw ~100 people standing around with black umbrellas. The mall wasn't opened yet - outside of the Starbucks I was heading to - and I thought maybe it was a flash mob. I kept waiting for something to happen, but they just stood around. Then I realized they were all in front of the Apple store. Turned out it was the latest iPhone release and Apple had given them all umbrellas because it was raining off and on. It really made an impression and I suddenly saw it for what it was - a shared experience, not just a line.

The next year, I took a day off for the new iPhone release and I went to the store at 5:00am to stand in line with the other people I previously thought were crazy. I met new people with similar interests and excitement about something and we had a lot of fun while we waited. I also saw how organized and efficient Apple is, which was really impressive.

I never felt the need to do it again and now I order my phone in advance and pick it up later or have it mailed to me, but I'm glad I had the experience. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine anyone I admire or respect behaving that way. One doesn't need to behave like a fool to have fun.

I suppose those who have criticized the OP think practical jokes are fun.

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

@Tyak. I agree about Judge Judy!  No way would I ever want to go before her.  She is soooooo rude so often!!!!

yes, I am not a fan of judge Judy.... I think she is very rude and full of herself and all of her power.  A judge does not have to be that way.

She is a retired judge who makes millions acting on a scripted tv show.  

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I wouldn't jump up and down outside a window (or anywhere!) but I wouldn't turn down being in the audience of a TV show.  It would be a new experience, why not?

As far as Judge Judy, those are cases that are already filed in small claims court.  Maybe some go on the show because if they lose the case, they don't have to pay the judgment.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I can't imagine anyone I admire or respect behaving that way. One doesn't need to behave like a fool to have fun.

Yep!

Honored Contributor

They look like they’re having a lot more fun that a lot of people here. 

People probably shake their heads at home shopping viewers.  Oh well. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GenXmuse wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Yep!

Double yep! If it's the opposite of what poster OR thinks, I'm all for it!  Edited to add, you should see us a football and baseball games!! Acting like fools!!