Honored Contributor

Re: Those people who want to be in the audiences of TV shows.

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Looks like they are having something some posters know nothing about by reading their posts. It's called fun. Gloom and doom seem to be a reoccurring topic on these boards.

I'm not a doom and gloom type of person, but sitting out there yelling and clapping like a trained seal and grinning all the time doesn't figure in my definition of "fun."  FAR from it!

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

I can't imagine anyone I admire or respect behaving that way. One doesn't need to behave like a fool to have fun.

I suppose those who have criticized the OP think practical jokes are fun.

Yep!

Double yep! If it's the opposite of what poster OR thinks, I'm all for it!  Edited to add, you should see us a football and baseball games!! Acting like fools!! 

LOL!!!  Another activity  that puzzles me!  

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

They're having fun and not hurting anyone.

What about that is something you need to understand?

@QueenDanceALot  Thank you for putting me in my place😘

Well she had fun doing it I guess!Woman Wink

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner. Well, a trained seal is one way of putting it! Arf Arf! Also we live in a big pro sports area and love to go to games and carry on. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Sooner. Well, a trained seal is one way of putting it! Arf Arf! Also we live in a big pro sports area and love to go to games and carry on. 

@proudlyfromNJ  OK!  Wait for it!  Wait for it!  OK  HERE COMES THE FISH!  

GOOD catch girl!  Woman Very Happy

Hey, whatever makes you happy!  We can all take a firm stance on this and joke and get a good laugh and have fun can't we?  I mean really it isn't a life or death topic or religion, politics or money.  It's just about what we think is fun and what someone else thinks would be horrible.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner.  I agree 100%.  Just all having fun our different ways. Now tell us what are your fun times?

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Sooner.  I agree 100%.  Just all having fun our different ways. Now tell us what are your fun times?

@proudlyfromNJ  To be honest?  OK!  Dinner with friends at the house; a good book; dressing up and going to dinner withy husband--just being home with husband; a fast horse; roping a cow; a symphony concert; a fast car; just hanging out with friends at the house before or after the game--feeding people; enjoying a big win for our school but not having to sit through it!  

Respected Contributor

Contestants and audience on The Price Is Right certainly took on a wilder type of behavior when Bob Barker retired. Some really get carried away, but I guess that's what is wanted by the producers. DH and I drove across Florida to see taping of Wheel of Fortune a few years ago. The taped 3 shows at one time. We all sat politely and clapped. It was quite interesting. A Q and A session was informative. I.E. if you won a car, you get to pick the color.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  To be honest?  OK!  Dinner with friends at the house; a good book; dressing up and going to dinner withy husband--just being home with husband; a fast horse; roping a cow; a symphony concert; a fast car; just hanging out with friends at the house before or after the game--feeding people; enjoying a big win for our school but not having to sit through it!  

@Sooner.  I can relate to these fun times also. However... I will leave the fast cars and the cow roping to you!

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Sooner.  I can relate to these fun times also. However... I will leave the fast cars and the cow roping to you!

@proudlyfromNJ  Haven't done much of those two activities in recent years!  But OH boy what fun it was.  Mostly!  Woman Embarassed  LOL!!