Honored Contributor

Re: Those of you who have gotten both your Moderna shots, question?...

I'm supposed to get my shot in eleven hours from now. Sure hope I don't get the bad effects some have mentioned. I've been able to avoid the virus but figured I need to take the vaccination.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AuntG 

@amyb 

I'm going to ask you to not worry about it, because, we  know the best thing we can do is get both shots.

First shot, nothing...not even a sore arm.

Morning after the second shot I was a little achy, moved slow, headache.  I just used it as a day to catch up on my sleep!   I knew my body was being strong and gave it time to catch up.

Next morning, I was back to 95% and even felt more energetic.

You may not get any of these symptoms!  From one worry wart to another...please don't worry Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@amyb ..................Hubby and I had our 2nd Moderna shots Feb. 22.   No problems of any kind.  I take what people call reactions to the vaccine's with a grain of salt.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Moderna

sis - 1st sore arm

2nd sore arm, feverish, body aches

brother - 1st sore arm

2nd sore arm, chills - was fine 3rd day

Pfilzer

me - 1st sore arm

2nd sore arm

92 yr mom - 1st sore arm

2nd sore arm

Honored Contributor

I received my 2nd Moderna toward the end of February. The only side effects I had was having thge chills for a couple of hours the next day. Not a big deal.

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I received my first dose of Moderna this morning. Besides a sore arm and swelling in that arm, I am not having any other side effects, and hope that this continues.  

I do have a question for those who have mentioned itching in the arm, with the second injection, what did you use to deal with the itchiness or did you just deal with it? 

@icezeus,  I used a topical anti-itch cream (generic Benadryl).

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

For my first shot, I had a pretty sore arm for about 4 days.  Received my second one last week and had the same thing but only lasted 2 days.  Everybody will react a little differently.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Just got my first moderna a week ago----developed a headache that I took meds for , and I also put cbd cream on my arm. Day 2 was ok, just out of sorts. Day 3 arm hurt like a flu shot but nothing else. Days 4,5,6 am fine. Over all--felt like a normal flu shot for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I received my first dose of Moderna this morning. Besides a sore arm and swelling in that arm, I am not having any other side effects, and hope that this continues.  

I do have a question for those who have mentioned itching in the arm, with the second injection, what did you use to deal with the itchiness or did you just deal with it? 

@icezeus - I got "Moderna arm" though I had Pfizer vaccine.  The arm occurred more in Moderna studies so it was named that but is really vaccine arm.  You can use cool compresses and OTC cortisone preparation.   I gave many flu vaccines when I worked and it is a common reaction.  It's annoying but not harmful but can look awful.  Mine came on day 2 after the vaccine but can come as late as 8 days after vaccination.   Mine will be a week old tomorrow and though very light it's still there with one tiny spot the size of a dime which itches like crazy periodically.   A small price to pay.

Respected Contributor

1st injection - mild headache and tiredness

2nd injection - "Covid arm" with swelling, itching, redness, and warm to the touch that lasted a week, and a few episodes of chills, only lasted several seconds. I used cold compression, hydrocortizone, and Benadryl for the itching.