Trusted Contributor

Re: Those Who Admired the Sartorial Style of Dr. Deborah Birx - You Are Not Alone

I think she blinks rapidly when a non-scientist says something stupid and not true while prefacing that his comments are hunches.  As a scarf lover, I've enjoyed her collection. Let's not stereotype how women scientist dress.  I know a few who dress similarly to Dr. Birx, and everything in between and not just lab coats and goggles.  Those are for work in the  labs.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Those Who Admired the Sartorial Style of Dr. Deborah Birx - You Are Not Alone

Dr. Birx's reputation stems from her pioneering efforts in fighting AIDS.  If you noticed yesterday, she offered an excellent example of how metrics can be used to determine what is going on in an isolated community relative to an epidemic, e.g. AIDS management in some African communities.  She offered that example to explain what would need to happen if movement becomes more open.  She effectively negated POTUS's argument about opening up some parts of the country for greater movement.

Honored Contributor

I like both of the doctors AND their fashion sense. 

Dr. Birx is a retired Colonel in the U.S Army. She was commissioned in 1980. After all of the years of wearing a military uniform, she's probably enjoying what she can CHOOSE to wear! LOL! Besides, she's got to be exhausted. I think all of them must be. They often mention in interviews that sometimes they don't leave the White House until 2 a.m. or so. 

I love Dr. Fauci's ties! He has been on my radar since the 1980's when he was the "face" of HIV/AIDS.

I admire both of them. And I trust both of them. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom 

@sidsmom wrote:

Her 1985 Scarf Game is....strong.

Everything she wears definitely has a '1985' feel to it....

longer hems, stronger shoulders, large belts.

I recognize that look because I wore that look...in 1985.

But she looks classy and not wearing tight dresses  or they squeeze into pants that we only wore to the gym to work out.

CLASSY.

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy 

@tansy wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

Ever since Dr Birx became "Debbie" I take her words with less credibility. Dr Fauci has not become 'Tony".

I'm not positive but I think I did hear Dr Fauci referred to as Tony yesterday, @reiki604.  The credibility of so many once respected people has sure gone downhill.

You are right.  Quite a few times yesterday.

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@MorningLover wrote:

Dr. Birx is a thorough, consummate professional and a top expert. It is truly dizzying to witness some people turn on her, with some ludicrously painting her as a *— * because she offered an analysis that worst case Coronavirus models may *not* be coming true.

Dr. Birx: Coronavirus Data Doesn't Match The Doomsday Predictions

It's the spin that is dizzying -- and so very dangerous in that it can cause some to lessen their being as careful.

Luke 21. Verse 9- 11

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@sidsmom 

@sidsmom wrote:

But she looks classy and not wearing tight dresses  or they squeeze into pants that we only wore to the gym to work out.

CLASSY.

@qvcaddition 

Tight dresses?  No, not mid 80's. 
And who is 'they?'

I don't understand what you are saying.🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Porcelain I'm enjoying this other side of you and wonder if it's the isolation. You made me laugh now if only I could move you to the anti-Meg side.

I buy scarfs buy seldom wear them and the times I do, they end up in the car part way through the day.

Woman Very Happy It's gotta be the isolation. Woman Wink Maybe as a quarantine to-do we could make a point to wear our scarves more. In a pinch a scarf could be employed as a not very effective, but chic, mask. Could at least serve as a for-the-love-of-mike-stop-touching-your-face reminder.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom 

@sidsmom wrote:

@qvcaddition wrote:

@sidsmom 

@sidsmom wrote:

CLASSY.

@qvcaddition 

Tight dresses?  No, not mid 80's. 
And who is 'they?'

I don't understand what you are saying.🤷‍♀️

Simple that,s the  trouble with posts.  The  scientist dresses classy like years ago.  Today women were very tight dresses and while it looks good on some, others today need to tone it down.  Also the pants.  We wore those kind of pants to work out a the gym. Today, they the girls and women wear them out and they need to look behind them in the mirror.  Not shaming heavy people, I have weight issues.  They just are not a good look unless you don,t have bumps, because it,t just the way it is.  Even read skinny girls without the bumps it is not an good look.  THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION AND COMPARING THE DRESS CODE TODAY TO A CLASSY DRESS CODE.