Honored Contributor

Re: Those BAD GUYS are gonna get you!

[ Edited ]

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I would think that everyone  has a shredder, and there are lots of BAD GUYS ,out there,  common sense goes a long way also.

Not everyone has a shredder because not everyone gets bills, statements in the mail. 

Maybe I get 2 pieces of paper mail a month.

@Snowpuppy

I still get tons of junk mail, even though I opt out of Everything and am on a opt out junk mail list, I opted out of credit/insurance junk mail lists..... Some are from area merchants and charities who must use phone numbers to get names/addresses.....and I am on every DNS phone lists too....  Our State Attorney General does nothing..... I stopped a few by complaining to The Better Business Bureau....Any suggestions!!!  Oh and to top it off I live in a condo and dumpster divers have been spotted so I do shred stuff, but I purchased a shredder long ago .............

As far as bills/statements and important stuff they are all electronic...............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, we live in a NEW WORLD --- thieves, con artists, robbers, people doing identity theft are actually out there. I'm on nextdoor dot com - and most of my neighbors put up cameras and many perps are caught on video, ie, even stealing packages left at their doors. Too many homeless and addicted roaming around -- and even "nice" neighbors --- the temptation is too great.

Honored Contributor

I shred everything and anything. Even if it is an advertisment. Shredder bound.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think most tech savvy "bad guys" need to go through the trash anymore...they can sit at home and hack into anything online.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt  I haven't had a home phone sice 2008 so no directory listing.

I do shop online but get very little mail. Maybe it's because I check out as guest and avoid creating an account when I can.

Your cc providers can still mail you kwap along with insurance providers.

AMEX is great, I can opt out of mailings and "sharing" my info. Citi isn't as great but I don't use their card that often. Only when AMEX isn't accepted.