Honored Contributor

Thomas Duncan's Family To Be Released Tonight

This is good news, all around! They're free and it's amazing they didn't catch it! She and he slept in the same bed, even when he was sick, and the kids used the same bathroom and probably the same towels.

"Troh's (the mom) confinement was ending Sunday night, along with several friends, family and others who had contact with Duncan after he first became infectious. Ebola has a 21-day incubation period, and the people who interacted with Duncan after he first arrived in Dallas from Liberia will be in the clear.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

Re: Thomas Duncan's Family To Be Released Tonight

Honored Contributor

Sorry! Posts crossed, I didn't see the other one. It takes me a couple of minutes to post with a link and main point quote Smile

Respected Contributor

Yes, this is wonderful news.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

On 10/19/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

Hi MK! Smile

It certainly reinforces the comments that Ebola isn't that easy to get, and that's great.

Super Contributor

On 10/19/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 10/19/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

Hi MK! Smile

It certainly reinforces the comments that Ebola isn't that easy to get, and that's great.

^^^^^this

Super Contributor

I'm going out on a limb, but I'm feeling like this scare is going to end with the 2 nurses. I don't think it's the last time this will happen. But I don't think anyone else is going to become infected as a result of Duncan.

Respected Contributor

Good!! Hopefully this will ease some people's minds (including mine -- I'll admit!) about transmission of the disease.
Respected Contributor

On 10/19/2014 GrettaGarbled said:

I'm going out on a limb, but I'm feeling like this scare is going to end with the 2 nurses. I don't think it's the last time this will happen. But I don't think anyone else is going to become infected as a result of Duncan.

I hope so, too. That's what I've been hoping and praying for since the news broke that they were infected!
Super Contributor

On 10/19/2014 GrettaGarbled said:

From your lips to God's ears. (: Wouldnt that be great?