Respected Contributor

This worked great! Easy orange peeling.

[ Edited ]

I peel oranges for someone regularly  and sometimes it is hard for me.

This helped me so it might work for some of you.

The only mistake I made was when you go around with the knife don't cut too deep.

Other than that it was perfect.

The music was a little loud in the video though lol.

https://youtu.be/y0aKzXiYq-k

Honored Contributor

Re: This worked great! Easy orange peeling.

Thats slick. Thanks. A spoon is a great way to peel a hard cooked egg too, but you use the other end

Respected Contributor

That is so cool!

Honored Contributor

Interesting, thank you for posting.  But I liked one of the comments:  "If this is the easy way, I'd hate to see the hard way."  I don't eat many oranges, preferring instead clementines.  They're easier to peel - usually.

Super Contributor

I cut the orange in quarters, then gnaw it off the rind.

Probably not the ideal method if preparing in a recipe to be served to others.

I just avoid those recipes.

“There are two ways to be rich: One is by acquiring much, and the other is by desiring little.” —Jackie French Koller
Respected Contributor

What also works great is a little gadget I got at a Tupperware party about 35 years ago.  Its called Tupperware Citrus Peeler.

Not something I would normally buy, but I was invited and felt I needed to purchase a couple inexpensive items.  I'm glad I got it, it works like a charm on oranges and grapefruit.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Was it oranges?, or possibly tomatoes?  I recall seeing one or both being dipped in hot water, and peels 'peeled off' very easy.   I'll have to try it.    All I know is re: hard boiled eggs, placing them in COLD water works very well for peeling off the eggshells.  Peel the shells off while the eggs are underwater. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).