Trusted Contributor

Re: This was asked awhile back about the CV shots.

@Carmie wrote:

I am still a no.

I have been doing a lot of reading on the vaccines, both here and abroad.

I am very interested in the MMR vaccine.  Studies have shown that in places like America Samoa where most of the population has been recently vaccinated with the MMR vaccine that COVID was almost non existent and there were no deaths.

Children seem to do better than adults and it might be due to the MMR vaccine as well. I feel more comfortable with a tried and true vaccine as opposed to a newer one with many unanswered questions and a lot of uncertainly.

There is also the problem with the COVID vaccine only providing protection for a short while, maybe 90 days. This is not due to the short term studies, but pretty common for vaccines for other viruses, including influenza.

I am still doing my research.  I am not a trusting person and don't want to drink the Kool-aid.

@Carmieinteresting about that.  Someone was saying the other day they had their levels checked and turned out they no longer had immunity so they had the MMR vaccine again and recently.  Worth checking out.

Esteemed Contributor

I hope to be one of the first.  So many things to do and places to go.  All our square dance festivals have been cancelled.. all our dances.. all our vacations... all our visits to our family.  I repeat I will be there front and center to get mine.  

Honored Contributor

The vaccine isn't out there here in the US yet. The UK will distribute it very soon, though. Even the queen is going to get vaccinated.

I have a lot more confidence in the Covid vaccine now than I did at first. One thing I know for sure is that Covid has devastating side effects. So heck yes I want a vaccine in order to avoid that hell. I haven't been taking all these precautions this whole time for nothing!

I can't wait to get together with people again. If we're all vaccinated, we're pretty safe together. It won't solve all the problems, but it will be such an amazing improvement to know I'm so much safer.

If I know I can only catch Covid at a very very low level if at all because I'm vaccinated and I'm around other people who can also only catch Covid at a very very low level if at all because they're vaccinated--we're free. Back to normal. Very happy thinking about that.

Not an end to masks in public or washing hands. But an end to having to be quite so physically isolated from those I love.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We will get it when it becomes available. I trust Dr Fauci.

I can't believe people are worried about a couple of days of discomfort.  Has anyone had the series of two Shingrix vaccines?  Talk about discomfort!!

You're not going to be able to count on herd immunity if enough people don't get it.  

Honored Contributor

People judge each other all the time. It's completely fair. Lots of judgements going on in every single thread on here. Pretty much none of us are above all that.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Regular Contributor

Please look up Dr. James Lyons-Weiler on youtube.  It is the PA Medical Freedom Press Conference which took place in October of this year.   Please, for your own benefit get all the data before you make this decision.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

We will get it when it becomes available. I trust Dr Fauci.

I can't believe people are worried about a couple of days of discomfort.  Has anyone had the series of two Shingrix vaccines?  Talk about discomfort!!

You're not going to be able to count on herd immunity if enough people don't get it.  

@faeriemoon Ugh.  My DH and I were thinking about getting the Shingles vaccine.  I have not heard much about what that is like.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I totally understand people being wary of the vaccine, myself included. But I'm much more weary of sitting here alone for the last nine months, and nothing is going to change if people won't get the vaccine.  It won't be offered to me for a while, but I will get it when I can.  

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a kiddo a loooooong time ago,  missed out on the MMR shot and I decided to look into it and in 2016 I got the MMR shot.  This is really interesting!

Trusted Contributor

It's a no for me but, because I work in a hospital, we are required to get an annual flu shot. I haven't heard yet if we will be required to get the corona virus vaccine. I tend to think it will be required.