Esteemed Contributor

Re: This was asked awhile back about the CV shots.

I am a yes.

The technology has been out there a while.  All of us on Prolia are sort of mutants already.  Nothing to lose.

Trying to reform the book club with vaccined, stay at homes.  Maybe even yoga.

Valued Contributor

Nope still will not get it. From what I hear about the side affects. I already deal with them from having CFS/ Fibro. Not interested in jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

Honored Contributor

@noodleann 

That's difficult.  I'd be more worried about the staff at the facility and visitors.  

In my experience - someone has to have the legal, financial and medical power of attorney in order for them to be admitted to assisted living or nursing home.    Hopefully that someone is dilligent.  

-----------------------------------------

@noodleann wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I was a "NO" and I'm still a "NO."

In recent days/weeks, I've seen articles about side effects.  Some "experts" say that the CDC should warn people about these side effects.  

From what I've read, some are really drastic and lasting.

Whatever you decide - be sure you are making an "informed" decision.

That won't be possible for people in nursing homes who have dementia or other intellectual impairments. Some of them have no family members to weigh in on medical decisions. From what I have read, the vaccines were not tested on the very old, yet this is one of the first populations slated to be vaccinated. I understand the desire to protect this particular group, but think the focus should be on the employees and visitors and anyone else who has contact with them, and not these fragile people.

@noodleann wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I was a "NO" and I'm still a "NO."

In recent days/weeks, I've seen articles about side effects.  Some "experts" say that the CDC should warn people about these side effects.  

From what I've read, some are really drastic and lasting.

Whatever you decide - be sure you are making an "informed" decision.

That won't be possible for people in nursing homes who have dementia or other intellectual impairments. Some of them have no family members to weigh in on medical decisions. From what I have read, the vaccines were not tested on the very old, yet this is one of the first populations slated to be vaccinated. I understand the desire to protect this particular group, but think the focus should be on the employees and visitors and anyone else who has contact with them, and not these fragile people.

Super Contributor

My family is a yes. I work at a large urban hospital lab and work with Covid specimens so it is a given for me. Hubby is 65 and has health issues, and the daughter and son work with the public so when it is available for them, they will get it also. My mom is in a personal care home so she will probably get it as well. Who knows with the inlaws, but with my family it is better to be safe than sorry.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right now, in the beginning, I'm hoping that they won't be mandatory for the general public. 

Especially if we are the stay at home types and being very careful. 

I'm allergic to just about everything......all sorts of soaps, meds, chemicals, etc.  So, I'm being cautious in the beginning.

I'll wait and see.

But for others, it's most likely a good idea. 

One step in the right direction, in the vast scheme of things. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Still a no for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Our family of three will take it when our number comes up ( per NYT questionnaire in 12/6 paper DH should get it in Mar, April and Ill be eligible shortly thereafter and 32 yr old son in food service shortly after that).  Our commitment will change if there are unexpected side effects in the millions that will precede us in getting vaccinated.

Respected Contributor

As I've said previously - by the time they get to healthy, non-senior citizen adults with no health concerns, there will probably plenty of dozens of versions of the vaccine available. I'm going to guess that won't happen until 2021Q4. When that time comes, if my PCP recommends it, I'll get it.  But it's gonna be a while. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

Both of  us will be right in line when we are eligible to take the vaccine.  Both of my adult children also plan on taking the vaccine.

When the vaccine is approved for children, DD plans on having teenage grandson vaccinated as well.  Hopefully, that will be sometime later in the summer of 2021.

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

I live in MA, our numbers are going up but deaths are not going up.  If I lived in one of hot spots where things are out of control, I would get the vaccine when it becomes available.  But I'm ok with following the masks/hand hygiene/social distancing rules and waiting for a while.  Although, since I am not in a high risk demographic, I'm not going to be eligible for the vaccine for a while anyway.