Honored Contributor

This was asked awhile back about the CV shots.

Now that some of the vaccines are out there, and the numbers are still going up, have you changed from a no to a yes on getting the vaccine shots?  

Respected Contributor

Re: This was asked awhile back about the CV shots.

I was a "I am not sure"  but now I think I will get it when available.  It is interesting that England will start before us so we can see how they do. 

Esteemed Contributor

Still a no for me. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Esteemed Contributor

No for me too

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Still a no for me until others get it and maybe after a year no real long term side effects are evident since it seems shortcuts were used to get it approved.  I especially do not want the Pfizer one that needs extreme low temps since that one slip in packing, shipping and storing can make it not effective and who knows cause what else.  It is highly possible the step in the process where the oops moments occurred may not  be mentioned so others will not mistrust the process.  Let those who refuse to wear masks try it first!!

Respected Contributor

I heard on a news show for Wisconsin anyway. It won't be readily available  until  Spring 2022. I heard it as NEXT Spring. I dont see this readily available for a long time for most people, so time for all the "bugs" to be worked out. They are trying to allow more health care assistants to be able to give shots in the State.  I have had trouble getting a flu shot some years ,as low on vaccine etc. This year I waited two weeks, on a list, for a Sr,  Flu Shot and just got a regular one rather than wait longer.

If it is not a big hassle or wait for a vaccine I would get one. I never have had any side effects from any vaccine.

Honored Contributor

I wont get the shot when it is available. I want time to see about side effects people possibly get from it, since it is new!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

DH and I will get the vaccine. There's a risk either way we choose however we'll make that decision when the time comes.

Esteemed Contributor

Since it could be a year before the vaccination is available to everyone, a lot of minds could change before then.   I will definitely get one, but doubt that I'll be able to for a loooong time.  Our state is getting very few doses because of our low population.  So far, my 'group' isn't even on the list of people who are eligible.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Now that some of the vaccines are out there, and the numbers are still going up, have you changed from a no to a yes on getting the vaccine shots?  

Are you in England, China, or Russia? Because AFAIK, no vaccine for COVID-19 has been approved in the USA.

???