Esteemed Contributor

In Central Florida, we often have all 4 seasons in the same day!

Heater in the morning and A/C in the afternoons!

Respected Contributor

It's hard where I live in South Carolina, too. Last week was mid-70's to mid-80's. This week, it's back to freezing at night, with days in the 60's. My azaleas bloomed in February (2 months early) because it was so warm, and they're about done now. The pollen is insane right now!

Honored Contributor

Here in WV we know to dress warmly until usually mid May and we still need jackets in the mornings and evenings until mid June.  

Super Contributor

I'm in Oregon and know what you mean.  I've lived here (originally Californian) for twenty years and learned it's best to keep my wardrobe of long sleeves at the front of the closet for at least three seasons! Generally I can wear short sleeves with a light jacket for a couple months.

My summer things are much less than they used to be and generally can be worn at most three months. Shorts maybe two months.  

As for nobody using an umbrella here, that's the truth!  I say it's because the rain often can be just a light mist and a quick dash from the car into a store won't hardly get you wet. A hood is the most I've ever needed, but I don't walk around in the rain much.

((I'm giving away some "big Oregon secret" about the rain not being like it is in say, California where rain definitely means big drops.))

Respected Contributor

I layer all the time.  I put my heavy sweaters and sherpa items away.  I have lots of layering pieces of different weights and some hoodies that are lighter as well.  Not yet wearing many spring items yet.  Still cold and not long ago snowed again.  

Today the high is 50 but windy.  Yesterday 35.  Up and down and more down than up.

Today I wore a lighter sweater layered over a cotton long sleeve top and jeans.  Just right at the office.  Used a lighter outer jacket as well.

I dont really put things away.  I rotate items and use those zip window containers the Q sells. I have those on the top of my closets  with sweaters and things.  Chest of drawers and that type of thing.  

Layering is the only way I go because you never know about places either.  

Honored Contributor

We can have snow in late April--doesn't stick but it has snowed that late.  I contend Oklahoma gets 1 day of spring--so get out and enjoy it.  It goes from cold and blustery to hot and humid and tornado weather to boiling hot higher 90's in early June then on up to 100's by July.

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

When I left this morning and yesterday it was in the low '40's here in East Texas both days will be in the upper '60's to '70's when I leave the office.  Pollen everywhere.

@beckyb1012Pollen........I wonderedf if that's maybe the reason my eyes are sore and my nose runs constantly????  Haven't felt up to par today at all.  Sun was out all day, tho.  Anyone else having this problem? 

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten ---all I can say is----is this a surprise to you? We dress for winter until July 5th--when summer arrives----and sometimes until later that in the month. And lately that is when we have the weather from H#LL for a least for a few days running---the weather will never settle down anywhere---this is the new normal----I live in Woodinville and have lived in this state for 66 1/2 years now----and I am one that is jumping for joy just to have a couple of dry, sunny 60* days!!! but will not dress any different----Enjoy it !!