Super Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

It uses the same principle as the HairMax LaserComb, which has been clinically proven to regrow hair for some people. (It depends on the reason an individual is losing hair and how long it's been gone.)

Here's an article on it. They oriinally got the numbers wrong, so I've copied this piece from the correction at the bottom of the page, where they bury corrections: "A 26-week clinical study on the HairMax LaserComb published in April found an average increase of 17 hairs per square inch, or 14% over baseline, among subjects using the device. In addition, Marc R. Avram, an associate professor of dermatology at Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York, conducted a small pilot study on the HairMax in his private Manhattan office. This feature incorrectly gave the percentage as 7% and said that Dr. Avram's study was conducted at Weill."

Source: http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748704471504574441211355376166

That doesn't mean THIS device will regrow hair, but it suggests that, as dumb as that thing looks, it may well regrow some hair for some people.

You are correct, ChynnaBlue.  A few years ago, I went to an M.D. who specializes in hair loss to find out why I was having significant unexplained short-term hair loss.  At that time, he mentioned the laser comb to me.  He had been using himself as a test subject and said he saw results and that it does, in fact, work in certain cases.

Honored Contributor

@LasVegas Dot wrote:

I'm not going to read all these stupid posts, but obviously, those posting have not experienced any hair loss. If you have, you'd not be laughing!!!

My hair loss is only in the area of my bangs, buy I've been aware of any and all treatments available!  I have the Hairmax comb, which is a pain to use everyday, and I've been using monoxidil for a year and a half. If this unit works, the money is not too much to pay!!!

i definitely, understand, I have been dealing with hair loss for the last 30 years, most likely worse than yours, but my snese of humor still allowed me to laugh at this. Nothing is too much money if it works, I agree.

Respected Contributor

Hair loss is a traumatic event. I sympathize with anyone dealing with it. I lost quite a bit of hair after 911. It was the stress.

That being said the guy looked like the first cousin of the man with the comb over and up.  I think he might have been wearing a toupee. The whole commercial was comical unfortunately.

Respected Contributor

Wonder if the yellow cream that works for my horse would work for people?  I was told, that stuff'll grow hair on a fence post!

Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

LOL that thing looks like a roomba with airplane landing gear. Take off from your head and land on your head.. What a hairy concept!

Or... a hair-growing drone! Lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

The fine print...

The Groomba is not intended for use on pets.

Do not use The Groomba while drinking with your "friends."

Stay out of the sun for 24 hrs after using The Groomba.

Do not use The Groomba near water.

Always immediately unplug The Groomba when finished.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

iGrow Hands Free Hair Growth Laser System - A268873A268873

If I place those two paddles on my A-cup boobs, will THEY grow?

Honored Contributor

Re: This thing grows hair?

[ Edited ]

@LasVegas Dot wrote:

I'm not going to read all these stupid posts, but obviously, those posting have not experienced any hair loss. If you have, you'd not be laughing!!!

My hair loss is only in the area of my bangs, buy I've been aware of any and all treatments available!  I have the Hairmax comb, which is a pain to use everyday, and I've been using monoxidil for a year and a half. If this unit works, the money is not too much to pay!!!

We all have issues with our appearance and can empathize, but most of us try to take ourselves less-seriously and have a sense of humor about it.

I hope you can chillax where yours is concerned; it's healthier for your psyche.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of the Roomba...

708702_cat-dog-shark-costume-duck-roomba.gif (360×250)

Honored Contributor

Re: This thing grows hair?

[ Edited ]

image.jpgMore fine print: 

Do not consume Chia seeds while using this device, or the above result may occur.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~