Esteemed Contributor

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon

@JaneMarple wrote:

Why is it that Lisa's negative posts have to be proven and posters who mention them are liars or made fun of?

Why is it that it can't be proven? I'm not even saying it's true or untrue, but if someone is accusing someone, I'd like to see it for myself.

If I accuse you of something, Jane, should it be blindly accepted or would you prefer I have proof? And if I had none, would it bother you if people still believed me?

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

JaneMarple wrote:

Why is it that Lisa's negative posts have to be proven and posters who mention them are liars or made fun of?

I have no idea what others have seen, but I know for a fact that some comments on the public Facebook page which were not rude or insulting but merely asked questions about problems with merchandise or site issues were deleted instead of receiving replies.    I also saw a thread (seems to me it was in the "Fashion" forum or maybe "Jewelry") about several of LR's biting comments...   I was surprised so I looked and they were there and then later she removed them.   As infrequently as I've looked at her page, if I've seen it happen that makes me think there's some likelihood that it's a common occurrance.   I know I'm not fabricating stories, and I don't think it's helpful or respectful to accuse others of doing so.   If I remember correctly, one reason some of the older threads began here on the Q was the frequent "housekeeping" on the FB page which removed anything that wasn't sunshine and roses.    (Of course it's her prerogative to manage her page any way she wants, I'm just trying to substantiate what others said they've seen.)

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

Wow! Some posters really get out of hand with their comments. Was sorry to see that other thread closed. As far as LR's chats, anyone can go listen for themselves what Lisa says. And last night she indeed talked about excessive returns. She looked straight into the camera trying to intimidate her customers by telling them her business is small and when she gets returns it really hurts her business and to please try to really know if you want the item or not before hitting the order button. Returns in owning any business goes with the territory. And if Lisa truly was only speaking to those people who return too much then she could have done it privately to them in a letter or email. She clearly addresses these topics in her live chats to deter people from returning her merchandise to her. 

Lisa clearly has her way with the tribe. Now most people because of that chat are afraid to return anything to her for fear Lisa will be "mad" at them and are will now try to sell their pieces amongst themselves before they return to Lisa. This is discussed heavily on the private tribe talk page.

And as far as Lisa making rude comments to her customers. Oh my, have there been many. Lisa deletes the majority of them but some remain up. As it is right now there is one from today under her picture with the butterfly jewelry. At 12:47pm EST, someone made a comment that they'd like to see Lisa wear something other than these drapey shawls to showcase the jewelry. Lisa commented back at 12:48pm EST with an unprofessional reply to that customer saying, if that's their biggest problem of the day, then they have it going pretty well. 

Why the rudeness from Lisa with that comment?! To a paying customer nonetheless. There have been several others similar to that & worse over the coarse of the months from her. 

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

I have no idea what others have seen, but I know for a fact that some comments on the public Facebook page which were not rude or insulting but merely asked questions about problems with merchandise or site issues were deleted instead of receiving replies.    I also saw a thread (seems to me it was in the "Fashion" forum or maybe "Jewelry") about several of LR's biting comments...   I was surprised so I looked and they were there and then later she removed them.   As infrequently as I've looked at her page, if I've seen it happen that makes me think there's some likelihood that it's a common occurrance.   I know I'm not fabricating stories, and I don't think it's helpful or respectful to accuse others of doing so.   If I remember correctly, one reason some of the older threads began here on the Q was the frequent "housekeeping" on the FB page which removed anything that wasn't sunshine and roses.    (Of course it's her prerogative to manage her page anyway she wants, I'm just trying to substantiate what others said they've seen.)

Exactly!!!! @dooBdoo

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

Exactly!! @iTalia

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@iTalia wrote:

Wow! Some posters really get out of hand with their comments. Was sorry to see that other thread closed. As far as LR's chats, anyone can go listen for themselves what Lisa says. And last night she indeed talked about excessive returns. She looked straight into the camera trying to intimidate her customers by telling them her business is small and when she gets returns it really hurts her business and to please try to really know if you want the item or not before hitting the order button. Returns in owning any business goes with the territory. And if Lisa truly was only speaking to those people who return too much then she could have done it privately to them in a letter or email. She clearly addresses these topics in her live chats to deter people from returning her merchandise to her. 

Lisa clearly has her way with the tribe. Now most people because of that chat are afraid to return anything to her for fear Lisa will be "mad" at them and are will now try to sell their pieces amongst themselves before they return to Lisa. This is discussed heavily on the private tribe talk page.

And as far as Lisa making rude comments to her customers. Oh my, have there been many. Lisa deletes the majority of them but some remain up. As it is right now there is one from today under her picture with the butterfly jewelry. At 12:47pm EST, someone made a comment that they'd like to see Lisa wear something other than these drapey shawls to showcase the jewelry. Lisa commented back at 12:48pm EST with an unprofessional reply to that customer saying, if that's their biggest problem of the day, then they have it going pretty well. 

Why the rudeness from Lisa with that comment?! To a paying customer nonetheless. There have been several others similar to that & worse over the coarse of the months from her. 

Thank you @iTalia for finally admitting to what I said all along. I posted this to you and you told me I was wrong, now I see you've changed your story.

She was not deterring people from returning, she was addressing those who are "habitual returners." She also didn't say they can't afford the returns, she explained the process to which they go once a they get a piece back and why habitual returns are costly. 

It's not different than any other store where you habitually return. After a while, it will catch up to you. Lisa was letting the people who make too many returns know that if they continue, she will have to rethink her policy. Here at QVC you get a letter for too many returns saying you're no longer invited to be a customer. So, what are you saying...they shouldn't be a company either? 

The post in purple is a part of what I originally posted to you when you insisted I was wrong. Guess it's hard to argue with video proof! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@iTalia wrote:

Thank you @iTalia for finally admitting to what I said all along. I posted this to you and you told me I was wrong. 

She was not deterring people from returning, she was addressing those who are "habitual returners." She also didn't say they can't afford the returns, she explained the process to which they go once a they get a piece back and why habitual returns are costly. 

It's not different than any other store where you habitually return. After a while, it will catch up to you. Lisa was letting the people who make too many returns know that if they continue, she will have to rethink her policy. Here at QVC you get a letter for too many returns saying you're no longer invited to be a customer. So, what are you saying...they shouldn't be a company either? 

Guess it's hard to argue with video proof! 

*Face Palm* 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

*Face Palm*  @Melania

Perhaps you'd explain rather than making such a vague remark? We've posted together before, surely you can tell what you meant by this?

eta - guess not, lol, which kind of speaks volumes. I would have been happy to discuss it with you.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SusieQ_2 Do you honestly think her discussing how costly returns are on her chat was not meant to deter people from making returns???  She is fully aware of her worshipers and they will do anything for her.  I believe, she knows full well that by taking about it on the chat that many of her loyal followers will do everything the can not to return something.  If you truly believe otherwise, you are underestimating her manipulative powers over her tribe.  IMO.