Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,800
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon


SusieQ_2 wrote:

"One can view or term something a "lie" based on what they want to hear or believe, in either direction. It's more opinion and interpretation than "fact" when you're just listening to someone speak, as opposed to taking a class in calculus. One person felt one way about it and you may feel another. Other intelligent adults, reading, can make up their own minds."

@Moonchilde

 

No, it is not an opinion. The OP said, in no uncertain terms, that Lisa Robertson said something that she absolutely did not say. She didn't speak in code, no foreign language to translate. It's not a matter of "feeling, it's a matter of fact that Lisa addressed customers who made exessive returns. The OP clearly said that was not the case when, in fact, it is. 

 


 

We'll just have to agree to disagree. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,054
Registered: ‎01-03-2012

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon


beansie wrote:

If you start a post that mentions Lisa Robertson and her business, guaranteed it will close before you can post your thoughts. No reason is ever given, just closed. I feel like I am just like the tribe who try to buy and item and get closed out.  If the post is not deleted right from the beginning, let's give us a chance to discuss .


What I find amazing is when people come here and post lies about her.  They say they watch the video on  her website,  but somehow they see a completely different one then I do.  They go on and on about what she said and they are lies.  There are women on here that have a deep hate for her.  I just don't understand wasting your time on someone you don't care for.  

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,378
Registered: ‎03-27-2012

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon


Moonchilde wrote:

SusieQ_2 wrote:

Moonchilde wrote:

Chrystaltree wrote:

I think that as the thread goes on and on; posts get nastier and nastier and that's what leads to the posts being closed for commenting. 


 

 

Most often lately, the posts that get nastier are NOT from those who started the thread or are actually contributing information to it (appreciated by all or not), but by those who have no real agenda other than to vanish the thread. I would like to see those name-calling, clearly insulting towards other forum members posts be deleted, and posts that may not be "popular" but do not violate standards, remain.


Are you commenting on the thread that was recently closed? 

 

 


 

 

That one AND others over the past month. The modus operandi has not gone unnoticed; now it's to the point of obvious.


You can say that again, lol! Which, btw, is why I asked the OP why it took her so long to post her misinformation. It's no longer a surprise to be sure.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 562
Registered: ‎08-19-2016

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon

Okay moving on-I have something serious to discuss-

 

My cousins wife, who lives in PA and who watches the chats has been having an issue watching them-she called me and asked me to see if I was having an issue-I am not in PA-

 

She said, the connection constantly buffers and it reminds her of the low budget war films her brothers watched when their mouths moved but, the sound didn't match-

 

I checked it out live and the sound sounded like a munchkin-you know, like follow the yellow brick road kind of voice-

 

I returned to finish watching on the video, and it was just as she said, the sound did not match the movement of her lips-

 

Crazy town stuff-

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,378
Registered: ‎03-27-2012

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon


Moonchilde wrote:

SusieQ_2 wrote:

"One can view or term something a "lie" based on what they want to hear or believe, in either direction. It's more opinion and interpretation than "fact" when you're just listening to someone speak, as opposed to taking a class in calculus. One person felt one way about it and you may feel another. Other intelligent adults, reading, can make up their own minds."

@Moonchilde

 

No, it is not an opinion. The OP said, in no uncertain terms, that Lisa Robertson said something that she absolutely did not say. She didn't speak in code, no foreign language to translate. It's not a matter of "feeling, it's a matter of fact that Lisa addressed customers who made exessive returns. The OP clearly said that was not the case when, in fact, it is. 

 


 

We'll just have to agree to disagree. 


That we can surely do! Smiley Happy

And again, for those who want to watch and hear what was said, it's on Facebook.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,800
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon


silentgirl wrote:

Okay moving on-I have something serious to discuss-

 

My cousins wife, who lives in PA and who watches the chats has been having an issue watching them-she called me and asked me to see if I was having an issue-I am not in PA-

 

She said, the connection constantly buffers and it reminds her of the low budget war films her brothers watched when their mouths moved but, the sound didn't match-

 

I checked it out live and the sound sounded like a munchkin-you know, like follow the yellow brick road kind of voice-

 

I returned to finish watching on the video, and it was just as she said, the sound did not match the movement of her lips-

 

Crazy town stuff-


 

 

The videos, from the first one to the recent are nearly always fraught with "issues" of some kind, i.e. technical things - the camera, the sound, the feed, the synch - something. Well over a year of continuous glitches now.

It just defies logic that there are still issues that could be solved in a number of ways, but...aren't.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,800
Registered: ‎05-23-2010

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon


SusieQ_2 wrote:

Moonchilde wrote:

SusieQ_2 wrote:

Moonchilde wrote:

Chrystaltree wrote:

I think that as the thread goes on and on; posts get nastier and nastier and that's what leads to the posts being closed for commenting. 


 

 

Most often lately, the posts that get nastier are NOT from those who started the thread or are actually contributing information to it (appreciated by all or not), but by those who have no real agenda other than to vanish the thread. I would like to see those name-calling, clearly insulting towards other forum members posts be deleted, and posts that may not be "popular" but do not violate standards, remain.


Are you commenting on the thread that was recently closed? 

 

 


 

 

That one AND others over the past month. The modus operandi has not gone unnoticed; now it's to the point of obvious.


You can say that again, lol! Which, btw, is why I asked the OP why it took her so long to post her misinformation. It's no longer a surprise to be sure.


 

And what about the Rah-Rah Lisa thread starter? An equally obvious timed modus, but okay because it supports a different POV? No surprise either, but as long as it's Rah it's okay?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,378
Registered: ‎03-27-2012

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon

"And what about the Rah-Rah Lisa thread starter? An equally obvious timed modus, but okay because it supports a different POV? No surprise either, but as long as it's Rah it's okay?"

 

 @Moonchilde. I think you're talking about Johny-something or other (?), and no, if a person is saying someone said something they very clearly did not, do you seriously expect me to say "Yeah, no problem?"

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 562
Registered: ‎08-19-2016

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon

There are plenty of individuals with a differing POV who have stated many things far beyond fallacy range-

 

I wonder why such a wealthy, beautiful, strong, successful business woman would need anyone on a forum to fight her battles for her-

 

 

 

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,854
Registered: ‎05-23-2011

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon

My question is calling the OP a name on the now closed thread deliberate to close it down or have it poofed because of a difference of opinion? 

As you waste your breath complaining about life, someone out there is breathing their last. Appreciate what you have. Be thankful and stop complaining. Live more, complain less. Have more smiles, less stress.

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2016 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View