Valued Contributor

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon

Well, to be accurate, only part of the original post in the closed thread was inaccurate-but it was based in truth-

Then, someone came along and corrected it for accuracy-

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@Beansey

I am sorry but it is not the topic (Lisa Robertson) that caused the thread to be closed. It was the argumentative posts from some which caused the closure. There were a few posts that needed to be deleted and that did not deter some posters. Therefore we closed the thread.

Beth QVC

@Beth-QVC, I didn't, but I wanted earlier to give you a shout-out to thank you for closing the thread to comments without poofing it. I for one appreciate that vs just vanishing it.

Some posters know that with some moderators, all they have to do is start slinging insults and that will get the thread poofed - even when it's their posts that should be removed, because no one else has violated Standards. So, they do it - in order to get the thread hidden.

So when you or another moderator leave the thread up but cut off the harrassment, I at least appreciate that.

And then there are those posters who don't care if a thread goes or stays, or even if the subject (in this case Lisa Robertson) is discussed, but feels that when the premise of a thread is based on a lie it should known so others aren't unwittingly drawn into the quagmire.

One can view or term something a "lie" based on what they want to hear or believe, in either direction. It's more opinion and interpretation than "fact" when you're just listening to someone speak, as opposed to taking a class in calculus. One person felt one way about it and you may feel another. Other intelligent adults, reading, can make up their own minds.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think that as the thread goes on and on; posts get nastier and nastier and that's what leads to the posts being closed for commenting. 

Most often lately, the posts that get nastier are NOT from those who started the thread or are actually contributing information to it (appreciated by all or not), but by those who have no real agenda other than to vanish the thread. I would like to see those name-calling, clearly insulting towards other forum members posts be deleted, and posts that may not be "popular" but do not violate standards, remain.

Are you commenting on the thread that was recently closed? 

Valued Contributor

And then there are those posters who don't care if a thread goes or stays, or even if the subject (in this case Lisa Robertson) is discussed, but feels that when the premise of a thread is based on a lie it should known so others aren't unwittingly drawn into the quagmire.

Up to this point, no one on this particular thread is accusing LR of anything, or discussing the purported premise of any other thread; therefore, the need to "defend" her on this thread seems both out of place and overly sensitive.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think that as the thread goes on and on; posts get nastier and nastier and that's what leads to the posts being closed for commenting. 

Most often lately, the posts that get nastier are NOT from those who started the thread or are actually contributing information to it (appreciated by all or not), but by those who have no real agenda other than to vanish the thread. I would like to see those name-calling, clearly insulting towards other forum members posts be deleted, and posts that may not be "popular" but do not violate standards, remain.

Are you commenting on the thread that was recently closed? 

That one AND others over the past month. The modus operandi has not gone unnoticed; now it's to the point of obvious.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Burnsite wrote:

I would not call my worst enemy an "aging has been." 

Everyone is aging, in case you haven't noticed. 

@Burnside  I can think of much worse things to call a worse enemy should I ever have one.  What part of my statement was incorrect? 

Correctness is not an excuse for being rude or demeaning which is exactly what was intended by "aging has been".  The phrase was meant to diminish.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

At least closed for further comments allows me to read along until they shut it down.  It's those they totally delete that make me growl.  I liked Lisa when she worked for QVC, but I've accepted she has chosen to branch out on her own.

Esteemed Contributor

"One can view or term something a "lie" based on what they want to hear or believe, in either direction. It's more opinion and interpretation than "fact" when you're just listening to someone speak, as opposed to taking a class in calculus. One person felt one way about it and you may feel another. Other intelligent adults, reading, can make up their own minds."

@Moonchilde

No, it is not an opinion. The OP said, in no uncertain terms, that Lisa Robertson said something that she absolutely did not say. She didn't speak in code, no foreign language to translate. It's not a matter of "feeling, it's a matter of fact that Lisa addressed customers who made exessive returns. The OP clearly said that was not the case when, in fact, it is. 

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Burnsite wrote:

I would not call my worst enemy an "aging has been." 

Everyone is aging, in case you haven't noticed. 

@Burnside  I can think of much worse things to call a worse enemy should I ever have one.  What part of my statement was incorrect? 

Correctness is not an excuse for being rude or demeaning which is exactly what was intended by "aging has been".  The phrase was meant to diminish.

And many posts representing the other POV are quite rude and demeaning, deliberately so, to other posters in the threads. Is being rude about Person A not okay, but being even ruder to Person B is just fine because someone feels it's justified?

Compounding the difficulty is that while some posts and posters might or do meet the criteria for "unkind", etc. others do NOT, they simply contain material and information which some do not want to be posted and do not want to read, even if it does NOT violate standards. So you have threads being poofed, in essence, sometimes just because people want them poofed and for no other reason. People don't like that in general on these forums and there are frequent outcries about the tactics - so why should THIS topic be viewed any differently?

Honored Contributor

Curiosity, do posters from here go to her Facebook page and start questionable posts to get reactions, as done on our BB? I highly doubt it!    I suggested they start an LR sub forum here and that post was deleted yet ugly stuff remained..  Go Figure! 

I don't care one way or the other about LR, I'm tired of so many posts made about her, knowing some are bait threads and how they'll end up..  They are allowed to continue and remain yet our responses (some not all) are deleted. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee