Respected Contributor

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon

I have not read any of the replies except for the OP comment.

Why would anybody find the need to post comments about Lisa or her business ..if you do not like somebody or something since they are no longer on your radar here...ignore it..just because you can say something why?

I don't understand such mean spirited posts. They border on bullying at times. We all are not going to like everybody but in that case go about your life. It isn't affected any differently when you wake up in the morning.

For female adults I would of thought most of this had been left behind in high school.

Super Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I seldom post on these threads and I don't like or want to "bash" anyone.    Seeing/hearing any "bashing" is distasteful, in my opinion, and it displays childish and oddly-vindictive behavior.    But that's not the same as talking about what we like or don't like, what we think works or doesn't work.    I think all of us can agree there's a fine line between offering edifying, constructive criticism vs. posting personal insults.    We also probably agree that judging on which side of the line it falls can be highly subjective.   It gets even murkier when we see some of the same people who denounce what they call "Lisa haters" (or fill-in-the-blank [person/product] haters) simultaneously use seriously insulting language toward those fellow posters they're chastising.

What I'm wondering is whether these LR threads are any different from all the other discussions about current/past hosts, vendors, or the way we treat each other as posters.   We can't all have the same opinions about people, or fashions, or jewelry, or other topics...   QVC corporate can't and won't dictate exactly what's posted here.    Moderation of a forum isn't black and white, and it all takes personal, subjective judgment.    So, what's being requested here by those who want to shut down the conversations?   No negative threads/posts about any person, or any product line?   If threads about LR are not permitted, what about the ubiquitous threads about Shawn or Susan Graver (to pick a couple of people who always seem to be targets).    I'm being serious, not facetious, by the way.    I'm not sure what's even being suggested in the way of censorship.

@dooBdoo@  Your post is how I feel too.  I never thought this thread would go on this long but happy to see that it did. It does show that we can give opinions without being snarky. Well, most of the posts were trying to explain their opinions not name call. I particularly enjoyed reading the posts from @Moonchilde and jane marble saying good night. 

Honored Contributor

They only close the good ones hahahahah

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My gosh...move on already. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Melania wrote:

My gosh...move on already. 

Dog=bone

Why should I not reply to post made about me @Melania

eta - unless you meant the poster who said I was a troll. That would make sense. And thanks for removing your "dog" comment. 

Honored Contributor

@Beansey - Guess the title of this thread is wrong!  Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

I'm watching April & Oliver.  Heart

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Sheilaray wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

'Gee', I really don't know why (the controversy) ........... She seemed to be a very nice, knowledgeable host.  The models liked her, etc.  She didn't state anything controversial, imo.  Well, I'm hoping that she is doing well.  Heart

By all her own accounts, she is doing very well. Here is where the controversy comes in: She has absolute control over her business, how she wants to run it and will ban anyone who dares to make a suggestion or is disappointed and expresses it. She encourages a mob mentality where her "Tribe" can also go on the attack and she supports it. For someone who has put herself in the public eye most of her life, it seems that she can't and won't deal with the least bit of critique. I have personally read some of her responses and they are childish, extremely unprofessional and rude. JMHO.

Based on what evidence? Where can these childish, extremely unprofessional and rude comments be seen? I'd love to read them.

I have seen comments on her FB page deleted right before my very eyes because they questioned the lack of inventory, the creation of a frenzy to get items at a specific time and the frustration when items are added to a cart only to have them taken from the potential buyer as they checked out.

Either last week or the week before, Lisa was selling some bracelets in the evening and they sold out immediately.  There was lots of complaints and lots of people saying they were done shopping this way.  Many of the complaints were deleted.  They weren't nasty, people were just frustrated.    

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Sheilaray wrote:

@SusieQ_2, goodness they are all over her Facebook page which is open. I can only imagine what is said on the secret invite only Tribe page.

It's sad that so many women love to tear down other women, especially successful women.

Just because you are a woman doesn't mean you deserve automatic respect.  Respect is earned.

I highly admire Lisa for going out on her own and creating her own business if she was unhappy in what she was doing.  However, the way her business is run leaves a lot to be desired.  The fact that she seems to encourage her Tribe to snark at others who are upset with their shopping experience is a big reason why I wouldn't order from her even if I liked something.  That isn't any way to run a business. 

I criticize where I feel it's due, woman or man.