Esteemed Contributor

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon

@sunala wrote:

Does anyone remember Steve*Bryant? Years ago he was a show host on QVC and left on not-so-great terms. I really liked him and was sorry to see him go. 

After he left, every time we tried to post his name, it came out with asterisks somewhere in the name, which we thought was odd. (I added my own asterisk above because he's a little paranoid about finding his name anywhere).

I became Facebook friends with him to find out what was going on with him, and discovered he had some sort of legal thing going that forbid anyone from mentioning his name. Personally I think he's turned a little cuckoo, but that's only my opinion. I finally unfriended him because...well, let's say he turned into a curmudgeon and it wasn't pretty. 

If you google him, you can read his blog, which explains a lot. 

If QVC doesn't want us to mention Lisa, or any other former show host, that's no problem. Their board, their rules. 

Hi @sunala, I don't think it's so much a problem with people posting about her. I have to think she might think of it as free publicity. Who knows?

The posts are often one of the reasons I ever even think to watch her blog. Last night I happened to remember and watched it without having to be prompted, lol. It's the reason I knew without a doubt what she had said and to whom it was addressed.

As far as this person you posted about, I think I've heard the name, but that's about it. I know nothing about him.  Sorry you had to unfriend him. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2, I genuinely think that poster's threads are bombarded with negativity largely because that poster's threads are clearly baiting and pot stirring, yet are allowed. Other threads are somewhat of a backlash. If Johnny-Jump-Up did not post on the subject, I believe 95% of LR posts would vanish. But I can only speak to my own feelings, not the feelings of every poster in these threads; contrary to what some feel, I don't think we're all the same, or have the same motivations or beliefs about LR. The one thing we probably do have in common is that we don't believe she's a saint.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

"On this we agree. If no poster, including the cheerleader tr*ll, could post about Lisa, there would be no issue AFAIC, speaking for myself. If the "no more" meant no more from any POV, I'd be fine with that and I think most people would. But it is NOT right that threads can be created only to praise someone and not to present a POV that is not universal praise, but is within standards. That would be pointedly bizarre."

@Moonchilde Well look at that--common ground! Truth is, I don't care if people start threads about her. What I do care about is someone deliberately misrepresenting her words, or business practices, to start an unwitting backlash from people who never even bother to hear the truth for themselves. And even more to the point, I don't like being told what I say isn't true when it is and can be easily accessed. Ah, I digress. (oh, and that is not about you just in case you thought I meant you --I didn't).

I don't know the answer, but I do agree that it should be done fairly. Of course when you look at johhny-whosits posts (what is that person's name?) she gets bombarded with negativity as well. So...

@SusieQ_2 - that poster cannot tolerate any 'positive'" discussion about Lisa Robertson. Regardless if it's an update about her travels or something she's wearing or something she's selling. She and a handful of others hijack every thread related to Lisa. Ripping into her like grade school children name calling,  posting offensive images and then they do the same to other posters. Bash party.

And they don't shop here. Simply using QVC property for their childish entertainment while they hurt QVC business by offending QVC shoppers. 

I think they hate her. Jealousy?  Other reasons? 

In the process, they deny me and others the ability to converse about her and shopping related topics. As you exposed today, they twist facts and lie to further their intent.

Mods hands are tied.  All they can do is poof. Q Corporate needs to take action to rectify it, and I'm happy to encourage them :-D

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@SusieQ_2, I genuinely think that poster's threads are bombarded with negativity largely because that poster's threads are clearly baiting and pot stirring, yet are allowed. Other threads are somewhat of a backlash. If Johnny-Jump-Up did not post on the subject, I believe 95% of LR posts would vanish. But I can only speak to my own feelings, not the feelings of every poster in these threads; contrary to what some feel, I don't think we're all the same, or have the same motivations or beliefs about LR. The one thing we probably do have in common is that we don't believe she's a saint.

@Moonchilde thank you for making me laugh (this is sincerity!). Johhny-Jump-Up is so much better than anything I could come up with. I'm actually still laughing. Maybe I'm tired, but no, that was good. 

Still I can't agree with you about two posters, both of which posted here in this thread. Wait, maybe those two would be the 5% left over from all the posts you say might vanish. 

Geez, what's wrong with us? We're agreeing? Smiley Surprised

PS Please don't get mad at me for joking around. I'm just pulling your leg, and am truly enjoying your recent posts.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I see lots more negative and bashing posts towards a present day host then about the Amazing LR, I don't see anyone coming to the rescue about her or another vendor who sells women's clothes. So why so touchy about an ex host who seems to have too much time on her hands?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

I see lots more negative and bashing posts towards a present day host then about the Amazing LR, I don't see anyone coming to the rescue about her or another vendor who sells women's clothes. So why so touchy about an ex host who seems to have too much time on her hands?

Who are you addressing? If it's me, I've explained it to you so many times that once more will not be be helpful. 

So now Lisa has too much time on her hands? Do your silly insults toward her never end? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I seldom post on these threads and I don't like or want to "bash" anyone.    Seeing/hearing any "bashing" is distasteful, in my opinion, and it displays childish and oddly-vindictive behavior.    But that's not the same as talking about what we like or don't like, what we think works or doesn't work.    I think all of us can agree there's a fine line between offering edifying, constructive criticism vs. posting personal insults.    We also probably agree that judging on which side of the line it falls can be highly subjective.   It gets even murkier when we see some of the same people who denounce what they call "Lisa haters" (or fill-in-the-blank [person/product] haters) simultaneously use seriously insulting language toward those fellow posters they're chastising.

What I'm wondering is whether these LR threads are any different from all the other discussions about current/past hosts, vendors, or the way we treat each other as posters.   We can't all have the same opinions about people, or fashions, or jewelry, or other topics...   QVC corporate can't and won't dictate exactly what's posted here.    Moderation of a forum isn't black and white, and it all takes personal, subjective judgment.    So, what's being requested here by those who want to shut down the conversations?   No negative threads/posts about any person, or any product line?   If threads about LR are not permitted, what about the ubiquitous threads about Shawn or Susan Graver (to pick a couple of people who always seem to be targets).    I'm being serious, not facetious, by the way.    I'm not sure what's even being suggested in the way of censorship.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Perhaps it's just your limited view and bias.

And of course, you just had to throw jabs at Lisa in your response. Thanks for proving my point.

Yes, jealously. Or are you just trying to further the 'debate' about there's no bashing of Lisa personally while you just did it, lol. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

Who are you addressing? If it's me, I've explained it to you so many times that once more will not be be helpful. 

So now Lisa has too much time on her hands? Do your silly insults toward her never end? 

Woman LOL Woman LOL Woman LOL

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson