Respected Contributor

Re: This post will be closed for commenting very soon

I would not call my worst enemy an "aging has been." 

Everyone is aging, in case you haven't noticed. 

Super Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@Beansey

I am sorry but it is not the topic (Lisa Robertson) that caused the thread to be closed. It was the argumentative posts from some which caused the closure. There were a few posts that needed to be deleted and that did not deter some posters. Therefore we closed the thread.

Beth QVC

I read the posts quickly and did notice a couple rude remarks. I guess I wish that these posts that name call are deleted but that the thread continues as I always learn something both positive and negative.  Could the posters who name call just want to see the thread closed? Could be. Anyhow, thx Beth 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@Beansey

I am sorry but it is not the topic (Lisa Robertson) that caused the thread to be closed. It was the argumentative posts from some which caused the closure. There were a few posts that needed to be deleted and that did not deter some posters. Therefore we closed the thread.

Beth QVC

@Beth-QVC, I didn't, but I wanted earlier to give you a shout-out to thank you for closing the thread to comments without poofing it. I for one appreciate that vs just vanishing it.

Some posters know that with some moderators, all they have to do is start slinging insults and that will get the thread poofed - even when it's their posts that should be removed, because no one else has violated Standards. So, they do it - in order to get the thread hidden.

So when you or another moderator leave the thread up but cut off the harrassment, I at least appreciate that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

@Beansey wrote:

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@Beansey

Beth QVC

I read the posts quickly and did notice a couple rude remarks. I guess I wish that these posts that name call are deleted but that the thread continues as I always learn something both positive and negative.  Could the posters who name call just want to see the thread closed? Could be. Anyhow, thx Beth 

Or could it be that the poster (me) who called the OP a name (I guess that's how it has to be addressed here) was pointing out the words from the OP's mouth and the words coming from Lisa Robertson's mouth were in direct opposition of each other.

Let me ask you this...why would you want to reply to a thread based on lies. I mean seriously, what's the point of that?

Honored Contributor

I think that as the thread goes on and on; posts get nastier and nastier and that's what leads to the posts being closed for commenting. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder how Lisa's business would be affected if QVC decided all comments about her in this community were off limits.  I'm guessing her website and Facebook views increase each time there are threads here about her whether the comments are mostly negative or positive. 

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

I would not call my worst enemy an "aging has been." 

Everyone is aging, in case you haven't noticed. 

@Burnside  I can think of much worse things to call a worse enemy should I ever have one.  What part of my statement was incorrect? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@Beansey

Beth QVC

@Beth-QVC, I didn't, but I wanted earlier to give you a shout-out to thank you for closing the thread to comments without poofing it. I for one appreciate that vs just vanishing it.

Some posters know that with some moderators, all they have to do is start slinging insults and that will get the thread poofed - even when it's their posts that should be removed, because no one else has violated Standards. So, they do it - in order to get the thread hidden.

So when you or another moderator leave the thread up but cut off the harrassment, I at least appreciate that.

And then there are those posters who don't care if a thread goes or stays, or even if the subject (in this case Lisa Robertson) is discussed, but feels that when the premise of a thread is based on a lie it should known so others aren't unwittingly drawn into the quagmire.

Honored Contributor

Too many fascinated with her.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think that as the thread goes on and on; posts get nastier and nastier and that's what leads to the posts being closed for commenting. 

Most often lately, the posts that get nastier are NOT from those who started the thread or are actually contributing information to it (appreciated by all or not), but by those who have no real agenda other than to vanish the thread. I would like to see those name-calling, clearly insulting towards other forum members posts be deleted, and posts that may not be "popular" but do not violate standards, remain.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all