Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

My father ( who has since passed away) use to say "if I'm on a flight and it's the pilot's day to die, what happens to all the passengers on the flight, is it also their day to die?" Makes you wonder!

Yes, that is why they are on that flight.

So the Man upstairs sez...ok...time for these 250 folks to go. Lets herd them all on an airplane together? Smiley Happy)
Honored Contributor

@cody2 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

My father ( who has since passed away) use to say "if I'm on a flight and it's the pilot's day to die, what happens to all the passengers on the flight, is it also their day to die?" Makes you wonder!

So the Man upstairs sez...ok...time for these 250 folks to go. Lets herd them all on an airplane together? Smiley Happy)

Yep

Honored Contributor

We as humans ,can not understand that fact.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@cody2 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

So the Man upstairssez...ok...time for these 250 folks to go. Lets herd them all on an airplane together? Smiley Happy)

Yep

There was a movie called Destination. It was about a teen who had a premonition of an explosion on a plane. He and his classmates didn't get on the plane, it exploded. Death gradually took the lives of the teens that should have been on the plane.

Honored Contributor

I believe this because as a  critical care nurse we are in the business of trying to cheat death. So many times a patient who was perfectly stable would suddenly cardiac arrest and despite every possible intervention they still die, but someone who is on the edge for days and days codes and viola - we pull them right back with little effort.

I have often cared for patients who have done horrible things to themselves to commit suicide, and really should have died but did not. Seriously injured and in ICU - but still alive. 

ICU has really reinforced to me that we are not the ones in control of the ultimate outcome.

Honored Contributor

Like i said, i learned this , from experience, it is hard to except, but it is the truth.

Honored Contributor

"Free Will" is an important part of the Bible and theology. 

If God is herding 250 people into the same plane to die with the pilot, there is no free will, there is only John Calvin's concept of predestination. 

And that means men and women have no control over their lives, a concept that is foreign to Christianity.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

Re: This morning's sermon

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

I believe this because as a  critical care nurse we are in the business of trying to cheat death. So many times a patient who was perfectly stable would suddenly cardiac arrest and despite every possible intervention they still die, but someone who is on the edge for days and days codes and viola - we pull them right back with little effort.

I have often cared for patients who have done horrible things to themselves to commit suicide, and really should have died but did not. Seriously injured and in ICU - but still alive. 

ICU has really reinforced to me that we are not the ones in control of the ultimate outcome.

Then why be a nurse at all?

If one's death is predestined, there's NOTHING you can do about it... you have wasted your time.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor

I don't know what I believe about all these posts.  I do believe we need to always be spiritually prepared because we do not know the time or place.

When I was a teenager, the man next door (about 35) developed pancreatitis and was gone within the week.  A wife and 4 children were left behind.  Their life became chaotic, out of control. That was Sept. 28.

My father was devasted by this man's passing and what became of that family.

40 years later my father passed on Sept. 28.  When we opened his Bible, it was filled with newspaper copies of that man's obituary and several copies of the prayer cards from the funeral home marking passages.  Did my father know he would pass on Sept. 28 - I don't know.

Honored Contributor

We have free choice, we can chose to do this or that, but GOD knows all.