Honored Contributor

Re: This may be a silly question, why is there a QVC2?

I just don't see why I should care if QVC and QVC2 and HSN all exist under the same umbrella.  What difference does that make for me?

Sort of like when I walk into my nearby mall -  does it really matter to me that the same corporation owns three or four stores under different names?  If I were going to buy stock in the parent company, I'd pay attention but if I'm in the market for a tube of lipstick or a new top, I don't care about the ownership.

Honored Contributor

OK, I wondered if it was making a place for HSN to come in on.  

Respected Contributor

Good question.

A stupid concept. 

Seriously, is not one enough?

I mean if people are not watching one, why would they think that people would watch the other to begin with.

OR

If they do watch one, there is no need to watch the other one anyhow. Same stuff over and over., just a variance in the time slots. A case of let’s drill it into their heads just one more time is all it comes down to!

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Is Q2 only broadcasted online vs live?

Are the show pre-recorded?

Also....is it fashion/clothing only?

I hear y’all talk about Q2...but I never knew what it was....

Respected Contributor

I watch more Q2 than I do the regular programming.  There are a few reasons - less beauty and jewelry, which do not interest me.  I don't watch any of the Q Mon. night programming, so Q2 is an alternative if nothing else appeals on other stations.  Leah does a nice job on Wed. evening with fashion.  

There seems to be more effort to describe the products rather than a lot of silliness.  I like Q2.

Honored Contributor

Presumably the smart thing to do with a second (and now third channel if you include the Beauty IQ channel) would be to show different things, and different types of merchandise at the same time. That way, if one channel has beauty on air, another has kitchen, and yet another has electronics or jewelry.

I would have thought the goal would have been to capture as much of the buying public as possible by offering three totally different programs/merchandise at the same time, so when someone tunes in/channel surfs by, they have a better chance of staying with the Q, as there would be three totally different kinds of merchandise on at the exact same time, interesting to a much bigger audience.

But alas, QVC doesn't seem to be that smart. 

Often I tune in and two out of three channels have the same kind of merchandise (usually fashion), and there have been several times both Q and Q2 are airing the exact same product at the same time, and if there is a beauty TSV on Q, I've scrolled past all three channels showing beauty products at the same time. 

Even though I have no degree in marketing, I did spend many years in retail management, and the goal was to entice as many customers into our store as possible. One usually does that by having a wide variety of merchandise. 

QVC now has three channels, but can't seem to realize that if a customer is not interested in a particular type of programming, having it on two or three channels at the same time isn't capturing them (and their money), instead simply driving them to another channel. 

Best part of Q2 is that Rachael Boseing (sp?) is on a lot, especially for the Big Deal. I love her and could watch her all day!

Regular Contributor

I do not get it on Comcast here in PA., and the only thing I would watch would be all the Quacker Factory shows that are now on QVC2 - I like Quacker and Angel and have to go online if there is something I think I would like to know. If anyone does have it here in Eastern PA, would appreciate knowing the channel, though have tried the online locator for it.... no sign of it

Valued Contributor

Years ago they tried a second fashion channel. That didn't go over well, and eventually they closed it down and the Q ended up merging the hosts, vendors and some of the models back in with the origional channel. To me it's just another major expense for the company. Another set of producers, expensive cameras all the stuff that it takes to operste tripled since they also added the cosmetics channel, too. The prices on merchandise have gone up, the shipping has gone up it's just added more expenses. They by buying HSN who had 2 channels, they now have 5 channels to operate. A waste of money. I rarely watch the one channel let alone channel hopping. Why watch the same products being shown over and over on 5 different channels? Seen it once, that's more than enough. I check the computer now and then. Yep, same stuff, same people selling, gone.

Honored Contributor

So they can show the SAME products on two different channels at the SAME TIME Woman Very Happy

The cable companies get a percentage of QVC's profits, and all the production costs and salaries to keep a second channel going...a lot of the programming is re-run of previous shows so the prices and quantities may not be accurate on the screen....A lot of people aren't watching it.  One wonders if QVC2 is even profitable? 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Simply put,because they can!!