Honored Contributor

Re: This makes no sense

[ Edited ]

@hopi wrote:

You get what you pay for.  Get a new model Samsung or Apple phone and go Tmobile or Verizon. They have great senior citizen plans.

@hopi 

Sadly, you dont necessarily get what you paid for these days... And Tracfone uses the same exact towers as Verizon and T-mobile.....  My sister had a brand new expensive Samsung and nothing but problems with an expensive service, another friend had an Apple phone her conversations werent clear at all..... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@hopi wrote:

You get what you pay for.  Get a new model Samsung or Apple phone and go Tmobile or Verizon. They have great senior citizen plans.

@hopi 

Sadly, you dont necessarily get what you paid for these days... And Tracfone uses the same exact towers as Verizon and T-mobile.....  My sister had a brand new expensive Samsung and nothing but problems with an expensive service, another friend had an Apple phone her conversations werent clear at all..... 

S... happens.  Best Buy usually handles new phone issues very well..  The pandemic has really weakened CS with  many companies.

Will stick with T-mobile and a better phone. Sorry anyone has to go through problems with their phones they have become a necessity.

Super Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@threecees wrote:

Were you outside waiting in your car when they called you back @goldensrbest 

When I took my dog to her last vet appt., we had no phone so my son 

stood near the door and then they called us in when the tech came out

a few minutes later.

Here in PA one person is allowed to go inside with pet.

Sorry you had a bad situation.

Not in NE PA, my brother in law had to wait in the car for his dog to be looked at. This was last week.

@JaneMarple  Must be fit to individual vets then.  Too bad it hasn't changed

for the better.

I live near Pittsburgh and for a normal vet appointment one person is allowed to come in. For an ER vet, in June I had to call to let them know I was there and they did call and take Buddy in. I had to stay in the car, it was a 5 hour wait. This Emergency Vet is very busy and the only one in the area that can do certain tests for large dogs if necessary, hense the long wait.

Super Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

@goldensrbest   Imagine being hearing disabled and not being able to hear on the phone! My land line is captioned. I can read what the person is saying.

My I phone on speaker with my hearing aid is sometimes clear enough, but I can't hear it ring. So I speak, tell them who I am and am waiting but can't hear. 
  Due to this when my 16 year old Jack Russell was dying (He collapsed and couldn't walk). I called the vet from home and said it's an emergency. The clerk said they had no appointments. I explained that he needed to be seen and they said to call when I arrived. 

Sorry to hear about your dog. I lost one 2 months ago from cancer as well.

Honored Contributor

Spirit ate some bone broth,a little rice, i fixed him a egg, on another note ,my granddog, a golden ,name lola, and  to be put to sleep today ,she was 10,just so sweet,she fell down the stairs,and was weak, they found cancer.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

There's a trojan planted somewhere in this thread.  The domain is milkpload.net.

If anybody doesn't have proper and updated protection on their computer they might want to run a scan after being in this thread.

Just an FYI  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

This vet business has become ridiculous.  I get the feeling it's for the convenience of the vet.  No owner to contend with.  Surely everyone could be masked and stand apart.  Doctors are seeing patients, why not vets?  I have a dog that gets so upset, he hyperventilates, and I'm not putting him through that again.  It's too hot to sit in a car for an hour or longer, even with AC.  I notice the charges are still ridiculously high...no discount for minimal service.

@Kachina624  I agree with you. There are some things for which 'curbside service' is no service at all and simply doesn't work.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Spirit ate some bone broth,a little rice, i fixed him a egg, on another note ,my granddog, a golden ,name lola, and  to be put to sleep today ,she was 10,just so sweet,she fell down the stairs,and was weak, they found cancer.

I'm so sorry about Lola, @goldensrbest. Last year we lost our pup to cancer as well. She's my avatar here. Now we have Golden, who has kept us relatively sane these days.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

This vet business has become ridiculous.  I get the feeling it's for the convenience of the vet.  No owner to contend with.  Surely everyone could be masked and stand apart.  Doctors are seeing patients, why not vets?  I have a dog that gets so upset, he hyperventilates, and I'm not putting him through that again.  It's too hot to sit in a car for an hour or longer, even with AC.  I notice the charges are still ridiculously high...no discount for minimal service.

@Kachina624 

Just in point of fact:

The Veterinarians are seeing their patients.  I have had several in person MD visits during this time.  They too are only allowing the patient in the building, at least where I live.  I have NO expectation of a discount because my DH doesn’t get to come in with me.

Any DVM who did not practice the ultimate in personal health safety, would not be trusted to care for my animals.

@Drythe  I'd say it's just a bit different. Would anyone be satisfied to send a child in to be seen without accompanying them? Well, just like a younger child, while we might understand what's going on our animals don't. They rely on us to be there and to advocate for them. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Speaking about vets ,i called mine last Wednesday ,about getting a appointment to see spirit, they could not give me a date before sep 8th, i guess i will have to find a new vet,that is not acceptable.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.