Honored Contributor

I think straight talk is a phone service, why i was getting it on my tracfone,i do not know.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

What is straight talk?

@shaggygirl- Straight Talk is a prepaid wireless phone service.  Its competitor is Tracfone.

@qbetzforreal,  Straight Talk is one of several companies owned by the same parent company as Tracfone, América Móvil, which uses major U.S. providers such as Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and others to provide service.

Brands: Tracfone, Net10 Wireless, SafeLink Wireless, Straight Talk, Page Plus Cellular, GoSmart Mobile, Telcel America, Simple Mobile, Walmart Family Mobile, Total Wireless

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

@Drythe    When one of my babies (cat) got really sick several weeks ago I had to make multiple trips to the vet. Always the same thing, call when I got there, they came out got him, vet would call me, etc. One time they had to keep him all day. 

Long story short, they discovered he has a heart condition and is a prime candidate for unexpect cardiace failure. Meaning he can have a heart attack at any time. We've managed to get some weight back on him, his appetite is good, and he actually plays a little bit now. I just have to live with the fact that at his age and with his condition something could happen at any time. 

What I wanted to add was while going through all this the vet and I talked about the set up with humans not going inside the office during the pet exams. My vet said enough research has not been done to show how contagious humans are to spreading covid to animals and they don't want to risk exposing their patients to potential infection. 

Made sense to me. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

They provided their own leash, could not use your own, they were very careful.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

@goldensrbest  I'm so sorry you had to go through that, I know how stressful the entire situation had to be. It sounds like you have a happy outcome though. 

The situation with my little buddy made me realize that in a way, this whole pandemic thing has given me so much more time to spend with him. Now that I know his health is not good, the fact that I work remotely from home every day means I am right there with him all the time. I am cherishing these moments for all they are worth Heart

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

Re: This makes no sense

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest 

So sorry about your pup....and wishing him a quick recovery.....

Usually when I go out of town with friends, my tracfone is the only phone that can get a signal while those with expensive phones and service can't......Perhaps it was an issue with YOUR phone itself rather then the network, maybe its the sim card or other technical issues..How old is your phone?.Just an FYI Straight Talk uses some of the same phone models as Tracfone so you could experience the same issues if its the phone, rather than th service. .Before Id ditch Tracfone I would give them a call and perhaps they can troubleshoot.....  I got rid of my landline and my Tracfone is now my primary phone and no problems ( I have a Samsung Galaxy J7 Skypro)....I have heard that some models are better than others though...Some of the Samsung 10E reviews werent that great, but their newest A20 is a bit pricery but better.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

I have never had any problems with making any calls on my Tracfone, except that you can't make calls outside of the US.

@Lisa now in AZ 

You can buy an add-on to make an international call from their website its easy, just like you add minutes...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@1Snickers 

Im so so sorry about your beloved pet's passing!  HUGS! 😥

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu wrote:

I see the ads for phones that are supposed to save money and I am sure they do.  I just feel I want a company I can depend upon.  I use Sprint, pay dearly but have never been disappointed. 

As for your problem, it could havse been your phone or that fact you were upset and a very caring person.  Hope your dog is okay.  

Anytime I have had to sit out and then call, I also have knocked on the door, just in case. Makes me a pest, perhaps but I did not go there for fun and either did you.  

@bonnielu 

Its so funny how different people have different experiences..... I have two friends that had nothing but issues with Sprint....they both switched to AT&T clear conversations, no dropped calls, no issues!.....

Esteemed Contributor

You get what you pay for.  Get a new model Samsung or Apple phone and go Tmobile or Verizon. They have great senior citizen plans.