Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

What is straight talk?

@shaggygirl- Straight Talk is a prepaid wireless phone service.  Its competitor is Tracfone.

Honored Contributor

This vet business has become ridiculous.  I get the feeling it's for the convenience of the vet.  No owner to contend with.  Surely everyone could be masked and stand apart.  Doctors are seeing patients, why not vets?  I have a dog that gets so upset, he hyperventilates, and I'm not putting him through that again.  It's too hot to sit in a car for an hour or longer, even with AC.  I notice the charges are still ridiculously high...no discount for minimal service.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@1Snickers 

Your story made me sob, my heart broke reading that post. How terrible and devastating. I am so sorry for your loss.

Esteemed Contributor

@1Snickers

InnoCaption provides closed captioning of phone conversations at no cost to you, as it is funded by the FCC's Telecommunications Relay Services Fund. Created for the deaf and hard of hearing, InnoCaption empowers you to call anyone, day or night, with fast and accurate real-time captioning. If your hearing loss makes understanding your cell phone calls difficult, our app is the solution for you!

InnoCaption enables you to make or receive a call, speak using your own voice, and see captions of what the other party on the call is saying to you. The speed and accuracy of our service ensures you are able to keep up with your phone conversations.

InnoCaption is designed to be fully compatible with your mobile phone and tablet - receiving captions for your calls has never been easier! Our patented technology allows you to choose between having your calls transcribed by live stenographers or best-in-class automatic speech recognition anytime during your call.

The InnoCaption team has developed a full set of features to meet our users’ accessibility needs:

For iphone this app is available at:   apps.apple.com/us/app/innocaption/id1333988644

It is also available for android at:   play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.innocaption.vpdp&hl=en_US

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

I see the ads for phones that are supposed to save money and I am sure they do.  I just feel I want a company I can depend upon.  I use Sprint, pay dearly but have never been disappointed. 

As for your problem, it could havse been your phone or that fact you were upset and a very caring person.  Hope your dog is okay.  

Anytime I have had to sit out and then call, I also have knocked on the door, just in case. Makes me a pest, perhaps but I did not go there for fun and either did you.  

Honored Contributor

in the baltimore area, we get to the vets parking lot, call the vets number, and then they send someone out to get him. sometimes we have waited, sometimes we just went home and then head back when they call us.

we do the same thing when we pick up his prescriptions.

our vet has a pretty small waiting area and i am guessing that that is why they dont want a lot of owners in the building.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@1Snickers 

I am so very sorry for your loss.  

May you have Peace in the memory of your time together.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

This vet business has become ridiculous.  I get the feeling it's for the convenience of the vet.  No owner to contend with.  Surely everyone could be masked and stand apart.  Doctors are seeing patients, why not vets?  I have a dog that gets so upset, he hyperventilates, and I'm not putting him through that again.  It's too hot to sit in a car for an hour or longer, even with AC.  I notice the charges are still ridiculously high...no discount for minimal service.

@Kachina624 

Just in point of fact:

The Veterinarians are seeing their patients.  I have had several in person MD visits during this time.  They too are only allowing the patient in the building, at least where I live.  I have NO expectation of a discount because my DH doesn’t get to come in with me.

Any DVM who did not practice the ultimate in personal health safety, would not be trusted to care for my animals.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

What is straight talk?

@shaggygirl- Straight Talk is a prepaid wireless phone service.  Its competitor is Tracfone.

@qbetzforreal 

Thank you, I'd never heard that expression before in re to phones.

Honored Contributor

Yes , i was upset,my dog was sick,could not talk to vet on phone, i felt bad because she could not talk to me on phone, stupid darn phone, she had to run out and speak to me ,they were very busy ,lots of animals being looked at, there i sit in car in front of office,and phone not working.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.