Honored Contributor

I recently saw where there is or will be a tv show based on the comic book character " Katy Keene.  A million years ago muy friends and I were Katy Keene fans, to the point of having a fan club, ( I was president ) 🤣.  I haven't thought about that in years, it was a fun memory. 😻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

Yes I remember KK...was made by same people that created the Archie comics!

Thanks for the memories...made me think of Little Lulu and Tubby Heart

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I recently saw where there is or will be a tv show based on the comic book character " Katy Keene.  A million years ago muy friends and I were Katy Keene fans, to the point of having a fan club, ( I was president ) 🤣.  I haven't thought about that in years, it was a fun memory. 😻

Yes, it's by the same people who do Riverdale. If it's anything like that, it definitely won't be the same Katy Keene you used to love, I'm afraid.

So far on Riverdale:

• Archie became a masked vigilante after his father got shot during a robbery at Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe
  • Betty Cooper's father was a serial killer
  • Betty Cooper has a secret half brother who they thought was killed by a transient who then pretended to be Betty's brother
  • Archie was sent to Juvvie for a murder he didn't commit and, while there, engaged in an underground and illegal fight club
  • Veronica's father is a mafia don
  • Veronica owns a speakeasy and her own rum manufacturing company, which is somehow totally legal for a minor to do in Riverdale.
  • They're all friends with a girl named Cheryl, whose mother killed Cheryl's father in revenge for the father killing Cheryl's twin brother (yep).
  • Cheryl's mother was a dominatrix and a Madame who ran a bordello out of the family home.

It seems that Riverdale has no Child Protective Services department to speak of and the murder rate rivals that of Jessica Fletcher's sweet Cabot Cove.

If you decide to check out Katy Keene, fasten your seatbelt and be ready to hit the ejection seat button before the ruin your sweet childhood memories. I can never look at Archie Andrews the same way again.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Alison Wonderland   Thank goodness I have never watched Riverdale.  How horrible, why must everything be spoiled, sexualized  and violent.  

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Yes, it's by the same people who do Riverdale. If it's anything like that, it definitely won't be the same Katy Keene you used to love, I'm afraid.

So far on Riverdale:

• Archie became a masked vigilante after his father got shot during a robbery at Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe
  • Betty Cooper has a secret half brother who they thought was killed by a transient who then pretended to be Betty's brother
  • Archie was sent to Juvvie for a murder he didn't commit and, while there, engaged in an underground and illegal fight club
  • Veronica owns a speakeasy and her own rum manufacturing company, which is somehow totally legal for a minor to do in Riverdale.
  • They're all friends with a girl named Cheryl, whose mother killed Cheryl's father in revenge for the father killing Cheryl's twin brother (yep).
  • Cheryl's mother was a dominatrix and a Madame who ran a bordello out of the family home.

It seems that Riverdale has no Child Protective Services department to speak of and the murder rate rivals that of Jessica Fletcher's sweet Cabot Cove.

If you decide to check out Katy Keene, fasten your seatbelt and be ready to hit the ejection seat button before the ruin your sweet childhood memories. I can never look at Archie Andrews the same way again.

I really never intended to watch the tv show. I was a huge comic book nerd when I was a kid, and I hadn't thought of Katy Keene in years. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: This made me smile

[ Edited ]

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

So far on Riverdale:

Holy cats! I wonder what happens in episode two! I'm ever so slightly more interested in watching Riverdale now. I'd thought it was a tween show.

Edited to add: What horrible doings does Jug Head get up to? That crown he wore all the time must indicate something awful.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I had to look up Katy Keene.  Honestly never heard of her.

I agree about the TV show Riverdale-it wasn't so bad during the early first season but it really became so unlike the Archie comics many of us read as kids.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Alison Wonderland   Thank goodness I have never watched Riverdale.  How horrible, why must everything be spoiled, sexualized  and violent.  

I agree. The Riverdale kids were so safe and kid-friendly and I'm sad that they've turned them into this.

I bet next they're going to develop a show where Richie Rich becomes the Affluenza Kid and follow the Ethan Couch story. Richie will kill someone, get probation, and then fee to Europe with his mother.

Honored Contributor

never heard of either

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

never heard of either

@SharkE , I'm sorry for your misspent youth , 🤣

Daniel Patrick Moynihan