Esteemed Contributor

Re: This is your time.............

I would think if you have issues and need a supportive chair you'd shop for one much like a new bedding set. Try it out in the store.

Make sure the seat is deep enough, the headrest supports you and the mechanism is smooth and doesn't require serious strength.

While I've never owned a recliner this appears so very flimsy.

Honored Contributor

I would never buy a chair I couldn't sit in first. I wanted a small leather recliner for my bedroom and saw a beautiful light gray one. I sat down in it and immediately slid of the seat and onto the floor. I was so disappointed.

Trusted Contributor

Brooke Shields should be selling them.

Esteemed Contributor

He also said getting the chair for someone else would like a hug from you when they sat in the chair.  I could see a wrap or sweater but not a chair.

Honored Contributor

My Moment when I watch the Q is to change the channel when I hear such old stale tiresome selling points.  

Respected Contributor

Sounds like soap opera dialogue 

Honored Contributor

In my opinion lazy boys are made of cheaper materials.  The sewing is always bad, the foam is the cheapest you can buy.  They are not meant to last long. The thing is they are not inexpensive either.  So the price does not justify the product.  Just my opinion.  I know, I own one. .  I got it on sale 1100 for a chair that shouldnt be over 299.  Lol.  .  It looks okay though.  They had to come fix it. After a week., and they were very good at.  I was surprized how the whole things unravels, and has velcro to keep it together so the chair can fold back.  You wouldn't know it.   I knew they weren't that good from friends and family owning them, but I needed an extra chair for a specific place and it looked good.  My cat Sushi loves it though. There is just my husband and I now, grands are grown so we are easy on furniture. 

Honored Contributor

Gosh, that is his JOB!

What would you expect him to say?

Buy this chair if you feel like it but you could probably get one just as good for less?

QVC is in the business of selling. 

As long as the hosts/vendors don't make illegal claims....I have no problem!

Honored Contributor

It's like when Q hosts encourage you to gift yourself, because you deserve it.   LOL, how do they know that?

Trusted Contributor

I feel its just selling techniques.  They all do it. Some are over the top with it.

But its the job I guess.