Honored Contributor

Re: This is your OPPORTUNITY

At least it's a break from the 'another twenty dollar bill alert' we heard for ages Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Also, X (insert vendor name here) is GIVING you......
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Every host stresses and repeats and repeats ..... this is your OPPORTUNITY to buy this - or that.  So obvious this was the instructions at a recent sales meeting to the sales force..  We wants to ,'share this with you'  is another classic.

Enough already!

what???????????? none of those people have every heard of Amazon........................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:
Also, X (insert vendor name here) is GIVING you......

When I hear that " giving you " line I always yell back at the TV youre not GIVING me anything ! lol

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

@sfnative wrote:

Having worked in sales while in college, I know there's more than one way to skin a cat.  If I were VP of Sales and Marketing, I'd plan on having my sales folks enrolled in a "How to Pitch it" course - bring them up to date with the newest and best ways to get into the mind of the potential purchaser through better vebalization and presenation.  Just a thought.

I think QVC spends a lot of money keeping the hosts trained on latest sales techniques.  It's their bread and butter.

Their sales techniques have NEVER worked on me. I don't believe ANYTHING they say.

Respected Contributor

"Oh my stars and garters" must really amp up the sales for one particular host because she says it all the time

Honored Contributor

My philosophy is: The harder you have to work to sell me something, the less worthwhile it is for me to buy it. When l get the "hard sell" treatment, whether I'm buying clothes, electronics, a car, insurance, investments-- whatever-- l run the other way. If l need to be "talked into" something, l probably shouldn't be buying it in the first place.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~