Honored Contributor

Sepsis Is OMG real!  I contracted it in my thumb after lifting my dog's lip to look at her teeth (without gloves).... within 6 hours my thumb was huge and I had 3 lines going up my arm!  One line made it to my arm pit by the time we got to the hospital!  That's an approximate 6 hour window!  While no one knows how someone gets Sarcoidosis (which I showed signs about a year later), my doctors believed this horrible infection was most likely the cause.  Oh, and it hurt like be-jeezes!!

Horrible this happened to that sweet little girl.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: This is scary

[ Edited ]

Sepsis develops when the chemicals the immune system releases into the bloodstream to fight an infection cause inflammation throughout the entire body instead. Severe cases of sepsis can lead to septic shock, which is a medical emergency.   The common cold and the flu are viruses.

Sepsis and septic shock can result from an infection anywhere in the body, such as pneumonia, influenza, or urinary tract infections.   While bacterial infections are the most common cause of sepsis, VIRAL INFECTIONS CAN CAUSE SEPSIS TOO!!   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: This is scary

[ Edited ]

The headline reads the SHOES are the evil.

In fact, the child had an infection to begin with.

Trying on the shoes...or anything else she touched in

the other 23 hours-59 minutes...might have quickly progressed 

the situation....’maybe’ or ‘probably’ not the shoes.

Hope she didn’t spread anything to those around her. 

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Doctors think that Sienna might have picked up an infection

from the bacteria in the shoes, probably from an open wound,

like a graze or bite on her foot, before it turned septic and

spread to her legs.”

Honored Contributor

wow is all i can say.

have never heard of this before. I won't try on shoes unless I have socks on, either the regular ol' pair of socks or pantyhose, yes I still wear them every now and then. I never go barefoot either just don't like a feel of anything on feet without socks including my slippers I wear around the house and wash daily (they are the throw in washer kind of slippers).

Respected Contributor

Oh my gosh.....sad and scary!  I fell down at our fair last week and got a nasty gash on my leg....I was freaking out over infection but it looks much better today... this is what it looked like yesterday...Image may contain: one or more people and closeup