Honored Contributor

This is about the weather.......

According to our local weather service here, it is supposed to get up to about 100 in the next few days.......

Of course, it's just about the end of August, and usually this is the hottest time of the year......

Honored Contributor

Re: This is about the weather.......

Our weather people are overpaid and under-accurate. They said rain today and nary a drop fell.

Respected Contributor

On 8/18/2014 occasional rain said:

Our weather people are overpaid and under-accurate. They said rain today and nary a drop fell.

ditto

Honored Contributor

On 8/18/2014 occasional rain said:

In my area the weather people blame it on the convergence zonesSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

We do have some pretty good weather folks here in St. Louis.....and some of them are usually correct..... I believe our local folks more than the weather channel folks.....

Honored Contributor

Oh we have been past 100 for several weeks now. That said this is one of the coolest summers I can recall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

croemer......you are sounding like my sis......every time I tell her how cool it has been, she says she doesn't want to hear it........she called me a little bit ago to see how things are here in St. Louis, and she told me it was about 100 again today......... Feel for you folks down there......

Super Contributor

There was a pretty big storm at my house the other night, but 4 miles away where my DS lives, there wasn't even a drop of rain.

Once, when DD and I went to the zoo, we had to leave because of a storm and street flooding, but whenwe got to my house (about 8 miles from the zoo) the sun was shining and no rain

Our town is weird when it comes to rain. A person can drive down the street and see rain ahead. Drive through it and then no rain.....

Honored Contributor

I like posts about weather when the OP says where she lives, and obviously, showme, you've done that..it's in your signature. Those temps are way too hot for me! On the CA Central Coast, we've had a warmer summer than normal. I'm looking forward to fall.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm west of you Showme and it's supposed to be bumping 100 here all week, plus the humidity of the occasional isolated T-storm.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines