Honored Contributor

Re: This is a Pair of Used Pants I Received in Mail Today

That is absolutely disgusting!  I never would think of such a thing happening!  Who would even send back such a thing?  Do people honestly think that it is o.k. to wear an item of clothing to death, rip a hole in it and send it back in a soiled, animal hair covered and ripped condition?  It's absolutely appalling!  And even worse --- sending such an item back out to someone else!  Ugh!  

The worst I have had so far is I recently ordered and received from another company a pair of cropped jeans.  They still had the tags on but they were not in a plastic inner bag and they had a strong perfume smell!  At first, I was going to return them, but then I just washed them - 2ce and the smell went away.  Obviously no-one had really worn them as the tags -- of which there were many -- were still on the garment -- but whomever had tried them on had really doused themself in very strong perfume!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I would never donate those to Goodwill.  Everything I give them or any charity is clean, very gently worn, or new with tags, that I didn’t bother to return.  No wonder there is a dumpster in their parking lots.  

Any questionable item, would go in MY trash.  Sounds like someone may have returned an old item for a new item,  also scamming QVC too, and yet they got their refund.  Wow.  

Respected Contributor

Had very old worn filthy shoes sent to me years ago.

I think QVC told me to discard them.

Honored Contributor

Let us know what happens,please.

Valued Contributor

I bought a few Anybody pants lately. They were all new. I believe someone bought new pants and sent back the old ones.

It seems that the return department didn't ckeck if they were in a decent condition. 

Contributor

I received a pair of sunglasses that had long black hair stuck in the hinge. I reported it and was told they never send out used items. So, it does happen.

Respected Contributor

I recall years ago a diagram of garments was sent that the customer circled the defective or  damaged area. This was included  with the return. I had pockets sewn together on a jacket one time or an ripped open seam. 

I can't recall the last time I received a package with a seal indicating opened for inspection and quality control. It sounds like a lot of this is returns after 30 days or switching return items that are obviously worn and used  and some items  completely worn out. 

I recall another poster  here  last year or so that showed  returned Hafinger slippers filled with white pet  hair. Then to say they never send out used merchandise! More occurances than we know?

Super Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

The OP said she ordered them last week. That was quick shipping. So many people complain that items are in process for about a week. That was quick.

@Sage04 

My orders have been taking about a week to arrive since the beginning of the year. Sometimes even faster. I've been pleasantly surprised. I'm convinced that the new CEO is implementing improvements in response to customer complaints.