Trusted Contributor

This is What's Wrong with Twitter & Viral Videos

I can't believe that Twitter is making a big deal about this:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/01/showbiz/feat-idina-menzel-let-it-go-botched-note/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Apparently, on the New Year's Rockin' Eve show Idina Menzel didn't sing "Let it Go" perfectly. She was out in the freezing cold and was singing her song. Her voice cracked on one high note. SO WHAT!

It's on the CNN.com Top News Stories. REALLY? This classifies as news? The headline is that she "botched" the song. GIVE ME A BREAK! Twitter has to go nuts because her voice cracked? I don't do social media because it's all about bullying and finding fault with people just to embarrass someone. Has anyone ever tried to sing in frigid temps? Give me a break.

It's just jealous people trying to make someone who is successful and accomplished look bad for no reason.

I think she sang it beautifully and bravo to her for braving the elements and singing the best she could. She didn't deserve to have her one note analyzed on some Twitter feed. If I didn't see the headline, I would have never known anything was wrong in her performance.

PLEASE!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: This is What's Wrong with Twitter & Viral Videos

I think some of it is because this was a HUGE song and one that took the nation over...........some people are soooooooooooooo over it........so they take pokes at perfection.............................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Trusted Contributor

I agree that people are making a big deal out of nothing. Singing is frigid weather is difficult for the best of singers, but I disagree with you in regards to social media.

It is not just about bullying by people who are jealous, and you are judging Twitter and the entirety of its user base by the actions of a few. Complaining about the critical on Twitter -- by being critical here -- is a bit hypocritical and unfair.

Honored Contributor

Gotta love social media! My feed didn't say anything about it, but I got the outtakes of Pitbull's fall...funny! Couple weeks ago it was the Mariah Carey live track that everyone was talking about. This Frozen gal will be fine.

Trusted Contributor

I don't know that singer or the song...or twitter for that matter. Oh well.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Super Contributor

It's ironic that she couldn't sing a song from FROZEN in COLD weather and then Twitter can't ""Let it Go"".

Are you sure this isn't just a New Year's ""punk""?

Super Contributor

Idina is a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice. She had the perfect excuse to lip sync yet went on anyway. Good for her! One bad note is nothing when considering her tremendous talent.
Honored Contributor

I couldn't hear Taylor Swift that well. Sometimes live performances like that aren't perfect. What do people expect?

Honored Contributor

It isn't just Twitter, we see the same thing here all the time. Just look at the thread here about Shawn's FB selfie.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 1/1/2015 colliemom3 said:

I couldn't hear Taylor Swift that well. Sometimes live performances like that aren't perfect. What do people expect?

She was freezing, I suspect other performers felt the same way.
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices