Honored Contributor

This is Highly Unusual - Lots of SNOW!

We have not had any significant amounts of snow in years. It is predicted that there will be 8 to 12 inches.  Looks like we have about 5 or 6 in. now.  This is for the Chicago and suburbs.  I have to say it is beautiful all over the ground and trees.  I have to find someone to help me clean off my car.  Anyone else in the path of this mega storm?

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: This is Highly Unusual - Lots of SNOW!

due to begin tomorrow and go through tuesday morning. i think it is two storms for us, one right after the other. as of now, they are saying a total of 6 -12 inches after it is all done.

stay safe and warm everyone!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I spent about an hour watching snow news in Chicago on The Weather Channel and was green with envy.  I know it inconviences a lot of people and is even dangerous but I do so love it.  It's  beautiful.   We got some nice snowfalls in October  and November but is getting a little late now.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624   Snow reminds me of happiness dropping from heaven.  The flakes are so pretty and when it is all over the trees that is a beautiful sight.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I am here in SE WI. It's been snowing since 6:00.

They said storm advisory until 6:00 p.m. Sunday and

6 to 10 inches. I did all my errands earlier today.

It's been a pretty mild winter until now!

Respected Contributor

I live in a nyc suburb right above the water and we are do to get 8-12 inches . It is a coastal storm and the winds will be fierce. I’m a bit worried and the stores were crazy today w/ shoppers preparing! Be safe..
Respected Contributor

Yeah, snowmeggedon.  We're now in the line of fire.  They're predicting 12 to 18 inches for NY metro area.  Mouth dry, shaking........ yes, I'm the nervous type.

Esteemed Contributor

It was supposed to go mainly to the south of us, (north end of SE PA) but now that's changed. 14+  We'll make a quick trip to the grocery a little later. I can't bear to be without lemons & lettuce!

Might as well enjoy it!

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I'm about 6 hours east of you and we received 17" in that storm. We're breaking records for snow this year. I'm tired of the 12" to 18" snowfalls, winds, drifts. 

Honored Contributor

We were discussing yesterday about a snowblower I'd seen on t.v. It was called Snow Joe.  Then we turned on You Tube and watched a few advertised.  Even the one on the Q.  If I ever needed to handle one, I was thinking of a smaller one.  Then I saw how little the little one does.  I have no intention of doing a whole driveway, so one that size might work.  

Do any of you have small ones?