Valued Contributor

I see that the Q is offering an early price for a smart tracfone again- and AGAIN- people are asking if their triple minutes will be carried over and tripled every time with the new phone- and AGAIN there are conflicting answers- then to make matters more confusing 
supposed TRACFONE REPS jump in and say the triple minutes will be carried over- but I'm thinking that YES- your triple minutes- that you already put on your phone (you bought the card- you put in the code- and you got your triple minutes- and yes THOSE will carry over WHEN YOU FIRST ACTIVATE YOUR NEW SMARTPHONE- BUT IF YOU THINK THAT WILL CONTINUE EVERYTIME YOU BUY A NEW CARD- NO- THOSE MINUTES IE A 120 MINUTE CARD- WILL NOT GIVE YOU 360 WHEN YOU PUT THEM ON YOUR NEW SMART PHONE. AM I CORRECT?? I'M PRETTY SURE I AM- AND THEREFORE- like some other customers- I'm hanging on to my triple minute phone- it may not be "SMART" but I'll deal until it croaks.

Trusted Contributor

I think you are correct..the triple minutes are for the old phone. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: This is ABSURD!

[ Edited ]

Your non-smart phone is a single bucket phone @sipp.   

Smartphones are triple bucket.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

Yes, the minutes carry over. 

The ability to triple minutes doesn't carry over from phone to phone.

Some TracFones are capable of tripling the minutes you will purchase in the future, some aren't. 

Further, if you have a TracFone smartphone you may purchase from either the 'Smartphone only' menu or the 'Pay As You Go' menu.

The 'Smartphone Only' minutes do not triple, period.

Even if you add them to a phone that is capable of tripling, minutes bought from the 'Smartphone Only' menu won't triple.

The 'Pay As You Go' minutes are able to triple, as long as you add them to a phone that is capable of tripling.

For some people the 'tripling' isn't an advantage @sipp,  because they'll never use it.

Honored Contributor

Having read all this I'm so glad I have my plain no frills Jitterbug flip phone. I spend enough time on the computer-don't need anything like that on my phone. Just simple phone calls, thank you. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I was seriously considering a TracPhone after years and years of being an iPhone user but this confusion is one of the reasons I've decided to stay put.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u: I tried two different TracPhones that were suppose to be quick and easy to use but very disappointed and confused. I tried the Jitterbug smart phone and not easy to use and finally went back to the Jitterbug flip phone, it has a camera and you can text. I do not text and for 200 minutes per month bill averages $20. Perfect for me since the phone is only used for emergencies. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@Judaline: Friends talked me into getting the Jitterbug smart phone but monthly bill was about $45 and phone was difficult for me to use. I love the quick and easy flip phone and monthly bill of $20. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

I really, really use my iPhone so I'm very reluctant to change  now unless it's comparable.... I have been really using Realtor.ocm (for 9 months now) and it really eats up my data from all the photos but I also use it for my eBay sales and I use it for whatever Q items I buy.... and found iPhone to be very intuitative and easy to use.    But I always watch the Trac Phone demos anyway.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I chose to get a new Tracfone a few months ago. My old one still had about 1200 minutes on it. I rarely use this phone...just for emergencies when I'm out and about. My Tracfone days were expiring, and it would have cost me something like $100 to put another year on it. I had triple minutes on that phone, but like I said...I never use them anyway. Also, the battery was going...and those cost a lot of $$. So, I got a brand new smart Tracfone from QVC with 1500 minutes, and a full year of service for less than $100. The new phone does not triple it's minutes, but I don't regret it. It was about 3 years old.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

My b-i-l was talking about the Tracfone he just bought here and how he got the phone and 1500 minutes/texts/data for something like $86 for the year.  That's about $7 a month and great if you don't do a lot of talking or texting.

He was trying to talk my husband into switching over and I told my husband don't even think about it.  I don't use the phone to talk much at all, it really is for emergencies only but I could use up those text messages in a matter of 2 months.