Honored Contributor

Don't know if it's true, but, they say you never know if the shot given is what that flu strain will be. They usually can't predict the type of flu that will be roaming around and to gear the shot to the right one.

Esteemed Contributor

The cause of Kim Porter's death has not been confirmed.  Even in the link to the article from the stellar news source Daily Mail UK aka rag, the word speculation and they quote a source from TMZ.  The title of this thread is sensational. 

Honored Contributor

Re: This flu is wicked

[ Edited ]

I have read other sources ,and they all are claiming flu, which is wicked, and hardly sensational..I did post it wasn't confirmed officially

I posted this link because of the pictures

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

I didn't recognize her name ,and that is why I posted it, they way I did. When I  realized who she was , I thought others might not know either, so I did it to jog their memory ,and not  to start a fight

@cherry

I almost posted this earlier and I was going to word it the same way, for the same reason that you did, because I thought a lot of people would not recognize her name, but would recognize her association to Diddy.

I know that there was no insult intended by you by your title, simply intended to be explanatory as to who she is and anyone who 'knows' you as a poster knows that too.Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Thank you @KingstonsMom

Honored Contributor

The cause of death is undetermined at this time.

More than likely...the cause of death is a weakened immune system.

Healthy people will contract a virus & it runs its course in 7-10 days,

and they will be back to normal.  A person with a weakened 

immune system will contract the virus, then it turns into something

worse like pneumonia & the risk of cardiac arrest/death increases.

Her Instagram shows her smoking a blunt on 4/20.

To be that open about smoking, she probably smoked quiet a bit.

That into itself would weaken one’s immune system. 

IMO:  Healthy people don’t just go into cardiac arrest unless there’s

a huge underlining issue. Too bad...so young & beloved by many. 

94AD9FB1-3BC3-4141-BAFA-EFAE9438F1B5.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is such sad, sad news.

For those of you who opt out of a flu shot on an annual basis, please do re-think this conclusion.

Many people do so reasoning that "they never get it right" in terms of flu A or flu B.  These days they're developing pretty sophisticated combos of A & B, attempting to hit the nail on the head as close as possible.

Then there are those, like my husband, who deem themselves impervious to anything - and I mean anything.  I tell you he will pass of complications - pneumonia - from a bad flu, as he's now 74.  I feel it in my bones.  I swear he feels that "thinking" the flu away will make it so!

When I had one of my twice yearly visits with my nephrologist in early October, she asked me if I had had my flu shot yet.  I admitted not yet, as every time I went to Walgreens, the pharmacist was up to her elbows - super busy - so I just left.  My nephrologist ordered her nurse to prepare a "super dose" innoculation for me.  OK, superdose it is.  So far, so good.

Please do reconsider.  Unless you're allergic to any of the ingredients, please do have a flu shot this year.  The words of my nephrologist (a wonderful women): "The flu this year is wicked.  I've already been called in to attend to a number of patients in organ failure in last stages of pneumonia."  (That means last stages of life.)

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

According to the article it said flu like symptoms and possible pneumonia. Until they do an autopsy, I guess it really is not certain what she actually died from

RIP Kim.

I was sick for 10 days, I didn't know what I had by the 11th day I went to the ER because I was so weak and couldn't breath. Turned out I had pneumonia.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

I'm hoping they cover the right strain this year.  I think there are a lot of people that will stop getting the shot if they guess wrong  two years in a row.  With that said....they aren't God and I realize they are taking their best shot (no pun intended!).  I got mine Oct. 26th.

Honored Contributor

@hsawaknow wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

According to the article it said flu like symptoms and possible pneumonia. Until they do an autopsy, I guess it really is not certain what she actually died from

RIP Kim.

I was sick for 10 days, I didn't know what I had by the 11th day I went to the ER because I was so weak and couldn't breath. Turned out I had pneumonia.

@hsawaknow

Poor thing! I hope you're feeling much better now!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.