Respected Contributor

It's all in the delivery.

You can disagree without being rude.

Respected Contributor

@nun ya wrote:

@nun ya....very true, but there are just certain posters who are rude/nasty/argue on a daily basis. Sad, isn't it?

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana.....that is why I rarely ever start a thread and avoid certain posters. It's just not worth the aggravation.

@catwhisperer

Amen, sister!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@nun ya wrote:

@nun ya....very true, but there are just certain posters who are rude/nasty/argue on a daily basis. Sad, isn't it?

yep, but I mostly ignore. And be glad I'm not them .

Respected Contributor

I will gladly say that I have come here for support in times of need and was very, very grateful for the kindness shown me.  Never has anybody come onto a thread requesting support during a trying time with anything other than prayers, good thoughts, good wishes, and optimism.

There are negative people in the world, and on this board, but I have found that the majority either do not enter a thread asking for support or sympathy - or if they do, they are indeed supportive to their fellow posters. Heart

Honored Contributor

@minkbunny wrote:

I will gladly say that I have come here for support in times of need and was very, very grateful for the kindness shown me.  Never has anybody come onto a thread requesting support during a trying time with anything other than prayers, good thoughts, good wishes, and optimism.

There are negative people in the world, and on this board, but I have found that the majority either do not enter a thread asking for support or sympathy - or if they do, they are indeed supportive to their fellow posters. Heart

@minkbunny First and foremost, I'm really glad that your DH is home and doing well.

And I have been very blessed with support many times over on these boards.

Respected Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair wrote:

@minkbunny wrote:

@minkbunny First and foremost, I'm really glad that your DH is home and doing well.

And I have been very blessed with support many times over on these boards.

Thank you very much. Heart

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

There are ways of expressing an opinion that don't make  the other person  feel diminished or condescended to.  

Very wise words.

Esteemed Contributor

A few just have to get in the last word and heaven forbid if you hold a different opinion from them.

I ignore it because I really don't care if anyone agrees with me or not.  I'm a big girl now!

Honored Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

A few just have to get in the last word and heaven forbid if you hold a different opinion from them.

I ignore it because I really don't care if anyone agrees with me or not.  I'm a big girl now!

@colliegirls Sometimes, I have to tell my SIL to "Get her big girl panties on"Woman Very Happy