Frequent Contributor

Re: This animal was eating one of our rental houses (picture included)....

A woodchuck has to chuck wood, you know. Smiley Wink. Gosh, he's a big one!
Respected Contributor

Wow....he's kinda cute alright, glad you caught the culprit....another one of the "cute but destructive " critters. DH was mowing grass and I looked out the window just in time to see a skunk get close to him...I hollered out the window "look behind you" and mr stinky luckily headed the other direction.
Respected Contributor

Remember that commercial with the wood chucks chucking wood and laughing ? (;
Super Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Mistic said:

CardinalGirl ~ We have 2 in our backyard, living under our wood pile. Going to set off some stink bombs this afternoon, and hopefully they will run for the woods, where they belong. If that doesn't work, I will have to get out the cage. What did you bait the cage with? Thanks.

I read something today -- soak some tennis balls in ammonia and leave them around. Critters really hate the smell.

Respected Contributor

My grandparents had a woodchuck that lived on their property. His name was Fritz.

He didn't come near the house. Just hung out at the edge of the lawn near the woods.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valued Contributor

So the ol' WWPP - is he now a beaver?

Like others, all I could think of is "How much wood would a woodchuck chuck....{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

He looks cute, but boby cured me of that notion! Kinda like raccoons, cute up to a point and I don't want to be anywhere near one that is uncaged. Good job trapping him, hope he doesn't have friends who would want to move into his newly vacated home.

Honored Contributor

Am glad he allowed himself to be taken out peacefully! Groundhogs are another cantankerous critter you don't want to cross. They are extremely destructive, and I feel sure he has done considerable damage under the house.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info on what to bait the cage with. Hopefully we don't have to go that route. I'm going to try the tennis ball thing too.

His name was FRITZ? LOL Oh no! I am not naming them. Giving them a name would mean Pets. I would be out in the backyard gathering hickory nuts for their food bowl. LOL

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor

What a cutie! Glad you're both OK. 8)

Super Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Marienkaefer2 said:

My grandparents had a woodchuck that lived on their property. His name was Fritz.

He didn't come near the house. Just hung out at the edge of the lawn near the woods.

Aww... bless them for befriending him. 8)