Honored Contributor

This Walmart Recall is very serious. Please pass the information to others.

[ Edited ]

This Walmart Recall is very serious. Please pass the information to others.
The recall of aromatherapy room spray is one of the most serious things I've seen in the recalls. The pathogen, bacterium Burkholderia pseudomallei,

that is suspected can be very deadly when untreated. The illness that results is called melodiosis. There's more than one type of meliodiosis, depending on where in the body the bacteria attacks. Without treatment, the germ kills approximately nine out of ten. The pathogen is not found naturally in the continental United States so most doctors will not think to treat for it unless a patient has traveled to a region where the pathogen is found. Only the CDC is permissted to perform testing for this microbe. Hospitals must send any suspected sample to the CDC and follow a special pathogens protocol. 

Please take the time to read my post under Wellness and the post here in Community Chat. PLEASE read my post in the thread here in Community Chat. Let others you know know about this recall. Tell friends with the product to strictly adhere to the disposal and handling of these products that is found on the CDC and Consumer Products recall lincs

in my post. The CDC page about the lethality of this bacterium is linced in my post on the thread about the recall in Community Chat called Walmart Aromotherapy Recall by Borntoshop.

Note that only the aromatherapy room spray with gemstones is being recalled. There is another series of sprays without gemstones that is still for sale at Walmart.

Honored Contributor

Re: This Walmart Recall is very serious. Please pass the information to others.

Yikes!  Where did it come from?  Let me guess. . . 

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

Gosh the more you read the scarier it is. I'm glad I never used but who knows what's in other stuff now? 😳

Honored Contributor

Sounds scary indeed!  Who knew something like an aromatherapy spray could be so deadly?!!

Thanks for the heads up!

Honored Contributor

Yes, very scary ,indeed.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner The bacteria can be found in soil and water in many countries. In this case, the product was manufactured in India. Anthrax bacteria also occurs naturally in soil. There are some nasty, gnarly bacteria living in our surroundings.

Honored Contributor

even more reason for places like QVC to give the area of manufacture where items come from... this is important info as so much that is dangerous or deadly come from other countries. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Sooner The bacteria can be found in soil and water in many countries. In this case, the product was manufactured in India. Anthrax bacteria also occurs naturally in soil. There are some nasty, gnarly bacteria living in our surroundings.

@Mindy D Yes, and which shouldn't be living in products in stores!  

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Hopefully, Walmart will be more careful about it's purchases from India. - And note the country of origin on them.

To its credit, Walmart is giving a full refund plus a $20 gift card to customers returning recalled bottles.