Honored Contributor

Re: This Ought to be Interesting

Gap and Nike are two.  Other names weren't released at the time I looked. 

I've been getting my packages from Walmart by Fedex lately.  Before that, it was mostly UPS.  Despite Amazon having it's own shipping, packages are always delivered by UPS.  

So, it looks like retailers will be leaning on Fedex and USPS.  

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I'm in western WA state in a good sized but not huge city. I know from FB that FedEx trucks are found all over the state, including small towns.

I see them at least once a day in my neighborhood. 

Honored Contributor

Amazon has lots of gray and blue trucks in our area.

UPS may get a cap put on them when this is all over. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 @Meowingkitty 

For the first time,  I've seen two amazon vans in the neighborhoods in the last week.

Honored Contributor

According to the WSJ the UPS limits were also placed on L.L. Bean Inc., Hot Topic Inc., Newegg Inc. and Macy’s Inc...  Macy's could be a problem. I have a couple of packages pending from them and given this news, won't be ordering from them further until after the holidays. Given Macy's has been hurting, one hates to see this happen...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

UPS comes down our street once, maybe twice occasionally.  FedEx goes up and down the street ten times.  Mail carrier says they pass him all the time.

It's like they can't get their route sorted out in logical fashion and have to go back and forth--at break neck speed.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids.  Theres been no discussion about FedEx.  We were talking about UPS and Anazon.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think this should be surprising at all. It just makes sense that there has to be a limit to the amount of orders that can be delivered on time. I'm sure that UPS does not have an unlimited supply of workers handling mail orders....only Amazon does!~ LOL!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 Duh I apologize. I was thinking of a thread I read on another board. Going to stand in the corner now! But we see lots of UPS and Amazon truck here.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@goldensrbest. Probable because they know there's more than they can handle.  Let the merchants be the bad guys.  Wonder if they're going to bite the hand that feeds them, namely Amazon?

I don't think it pertains to Amazon because they have their own drivers. I don't think I've ever had anything from Amazon delivered by UPS.

@Meowingkitty.  Almost all of my many Amazon packages are delivered by UPS and they all arrive in a big brown truck.  I've never even seen an Amazon vehicle.  I think they're used in large cities, not here.

@Kachina624  Well I don't live in a particularly large city (Tucson) but we have a humongous warehouse and all my Amazon packages come on Amazon trucks or USPS.