Honored Contributor

This Ought to be Interesting

UPS today announced that it will put a cap starting this week on some of the country's  largest retailer's (unnamed) shipments.

The restrictions will take effect this week and run throughout the holiday season, the company said. Retailers were notified of their shipping capacity in tandem with the newly enforced limits.

If you had complaints before, you'll be in complaint hell now.  You were warned to ship early.  Wonder if QVC was one of the chosen?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: This Ought to be Interesting

Why,and i wonder what are the names?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Imagine what this will do to the already inadequate USPS.  We just seem to go from one mess to another.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Well, this is certainly a new animal, huh???

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe? Most everything I get from the Q ships USPS- whether I like it or not.

I just ordered something for DS a minute ago- not from the Q. 10-12 business days should be enough time to deliver as long as we do not get any winter storms, etc. between now and Christmas. I think that's the last item I need to have shipped. 

I think I have just 1 or 2 items left to purchase. I hope to pick them up locally.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest. Probable because they know there's more than they can handle.  Let the merchants be the bad guys.  Wonder if they're going to bite the hand that feeds them, namely Amazon?

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@goldensrbest. Probable because they know there's more than they can handle.  Let the merchants be the bad guys.  Wonder if they're going to bite the hand that feeds them, namely Amazon?

I don't think it pertains to Amazon because they have their own drivers. I don't think I've ever had anything from Amazon delivered by UPS.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I've discussed the whole Amazon/Fed Ex/UPS drama with the son of a good friend of ours: this son worked at UPS but was offered a job at Amazon and he took it. He works at the Amazon location directly behind BWI airport supervising the delivery of packages at the airport being unloaded at the distribution center there and then the turn-around of loading onto the Amazon trucks being sent into the counties to deliver those packages.

As per this young man, the goal is for Amazon to be 100% free from UPS, Fed Ex, USPS and rely ONLY on their freight, air cargo and trucks. Considering the amount of building/extending of their facilities in the Baltimore area as well at BWI, this makes perfect sense. Now add in UPS and their announcement, hmm....

Have to say that UPS is having some MAJOR issues... at least in the MD/DC/NOVA areas. He was THRILLED to move on to Amazon. Despite all the negative press it receives, Amazon is paying him more, has better benefits including a set schedule so he can attend college classes and they're paying for those classes at more than double the rate that UPS was. 

In any event, more stress (for so many) this holiday. We order so much from Walmart to avoid the crowds and it comes via UPS. I bet Walmart is part of this merchant warning as well. *sigh*

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624  In my area almost all of my Amazon purchases are now delivered by little brown Amazon trucks. They are wonderful- I get my package within 48 hours of ordering, and it is usually delivered in the morning. And they also deliver on Saturdays and Sundays. I don't think they are as dependent on UPS as they used to be.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't think it pertains to Amazon because they have their own drivers. I don't think I've ever had anything from Amazon delivered by UPS.

@Meowingkitty, guess that would depend on where you live.  I've never had anything delivered from Amazon that did not come either UPS or USPS.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.