Honored Contributor

Re: This Makes Me Want to Lose My Cookies

@Desertdi wrote:

Why would you re-post a pic you don't like?

@Desertdi- So that she could start a nasty thread about Bezos?  And  look - it worked!  So many nasty comments already.

The only thing I'm aware of is that the divorce was amicable; he was quite open about his ex-wife's positive role in establishing their company.  He didn't drag her through the courts or blame her.

I'm not sure what else people expect.  Things happen; people drift apart.  (I wish my ex had treated me so decently!)  If they reached an agreement that satisfied both of them, it's no one else's business.

And the remark about the girlfriend's face is beyond vile.

Esteemed Contributor

Jeff’s wife is a very wealthy woman.  Because they both built Amazon from scratch, there was no prenuptial agreement.  She is a very generous woman, already giving a huge amount to charity.  

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT    It's  nice charity saw some of their fortune even if it had to just be from her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Why would you re-post a pic you don't like?

I was wondering the same thing...

Honored Contributor

Ladies, ladies, ladies.  The major reason the ex Mrs. Bezo gave such a huge amount to charities is because the taxes would have been so high she would have lost a couple of fortunes.  If you give it away, no taxes on that amount, get it?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie, I don’t pretend to be an tax law expert by any means, but perhaps Mrs. Bezos could have hired some tax law wizards that Amazon has employed.  Amazon paid 0 in taxes last year for a fact.  I vote for giving her a break, that she is a woman of social conscience.  Fortunately, there are still some people of great wealth like that.

Frequent Contributor

This bothers you? Get real! There's so much worse than a pic of someone giving a kiss. Good Grief, as Lucy would say.

Respected Contributor

Totally agree @PamfromCT! There are many (supposedly) rich people who share NOTHING with the less fortunate. Not only did McKenzie Bezos give to charity, she signed a pledge to donate the bulk of her fortune during her lifetime.
Respected Contributor

@bathina wrote:
Totally agree @PamfromCT! There are many (supposedly) rich people who share NOTHING with the less fortunate. Not only did McKenzie Bezos give to charity, she signed a pledge to donate the bulk of her fortune during her lifetime.

Yes, she has pledged to give half of her 36 billion dollar fortune to charity. If she did it to avoid taxes, so be it. That is still 18 billion going to people who need it.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Goldie76: Are you that easily offended?