Honored Contributor

Re: This Is the Age When You Become 'Old,' According to Four Different Generations

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee

This reminds me....I typed in "finishing powder for mature skin" the other day and all these 35 to 40 yr. old beauty bloggers came up on youtube????  Mature skin?  

Respected Contributor

Re: This Is the Age When You Become 'Old,' According to Four Different Generations

@Pook wrote:

I think articles and surveys like that probably cause some to become old before their time!  I know many younger than me (65) who are old and it's not wrinkles or health issues - it's a state of mind.  If you think you are old, you will begin to act, dress and feel old!   While I like the events where retirees from where I used to work get together,  they can be a bit depressing when I see how many have become old in spirit and have changed the way they dress drastically to old styles, no longer exercise in any way, have quit caring about their looks saying I'm old why bother and shrug their shoulders.      

Wonder if they just feel tired of the constant up keep? ya know I get like that and I am only 52 LOL! I think why am I fussing with this somewhat longer hair....I should cut it off around my ears and up the back...much easier.  Then I think I need a mani and pedi AGAIN...my roots/gray is showing...I need to get my workout in today and I feel so tired (low energy from thyroid levels still not right).  I need to shave my legs....oh bother....I need to use that trimmer thing on my facial hair LOL!  And on and on it goes...I never had easy wash and go hair and having rosacea I need to apply foundation everyday forever....then I look around my house and think I have all kinds of things I need to get done and it's taken me hours to get ready!  

Maybe they just want the freedome to let it all go LOL....I am toying with it!