Honored Contributor

Re: This Is the Age When You Become 'Old,' According to Four Different Generations

@CalminHeart wrote:

I'm a boomer in my mid 60s.  I'm not old.  I'm just getting started.  I get to do things younger generations would envy.  They can look down on older people if they want.  They don't know what they're missing!

@CalminHeart  I needed to read your post today...a much needed pick-me-up! I am 57 but feel like I'm 80. I worked very hard most of my life holding down 2 FULL time jobs with manditory overtime for over 20 years and had several health issues including being a lung cancer survivor.

In short, my wrinkles have wrinkles...oy! However, I have learned to accept them and think of it as my 'earning' every single one Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: This Is the Age When You Become 'Old,' According to Four Different Generations

That was really interesting, @lolakimono!

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Nothing against you lolakimono, but I think this is a stupid, ignorant  article and a waste of time.

I thought it was enlightened, inspiring, and definitely worth reading and watching.

Honored Contributor

I think articles and surveys like that probably cause some to become old before their time!  I know many younger than me (65) who are old and it's not wrinkles or health issues - it's a state of mind.  If you think you are old, you will begin to act, dress and feel old!   While I like the events where retirees from where I used to work get together,  they can be a bit depressing when I see how many have become old in spirit and have changed the way they dress drastically to old styles, no longer exercise in any way, have quit caring about their looks saying I'm old why bother and shrug their shoulders.      

Honored Contributor

I have nothing against any generation. However, some of the Millennial ideas or thoughts are concerning to me. I surely hope that they will be able to bring solutions for the aging people of our world. Millennials are taking over now and aging is the farthest thing from their minds.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have nothing against any generation. However, some of the Millennial ideas or thoughts are concerning to me. I surely hope that they will be able to bring solutions for the aging people of our world. Millennials are taking over now and aging is the farthest thing from their minds.

@SilleeMee

Like the Revolutionary War was fought against France in 1984? Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Gen-x'er here, I think one is "old" at 70.

I considered myself middle-aged when I hit 40.

I guess I'm different from my other fellow Gen-x'ers.

Boomer myself.  I think "old" is 65 and beyond.  

I think middle age is 40 to 60.  

I think youth ends about 25 to 28--it depends if the person is grown up enough to support themselves.  When you're supporting yourself, you need to be a grownup.

I think a lot of people have a hard time with those numbers, trying to deny reality, but hey, 60 is not middle age unless you are going to be 120 some day.

Frequent Contributor

OMG, really.  If you have your health every day of your life should be prime age 

and enjoy every facet of that day. I am turning 60 in December and it's not an issue.

My health, thankfully, is better than at 30 (with 3 little boys and smoking.) Everything

in moderation and be thankful.

Frequent Contributor

btw, i stopped smoking at 37.

Honored Contributor

I'm a member of the silent generation ... I'm not old yet.  I'm "the kid" in my group.

Will definitely let you all know when I do get old.