Contributor

This Is NBC Nightly News Reporting Tonight Lester Holt

No mention of You know who, Thats gotta hurt even a little, however if you 're making 10 million a year , 6 months without pay, wont hurt him has much as his reputation is now

Honored Contributor

Re: This Is NBC Nightly News Reporting Tonight Lester Holt

I'd rather watch Lester Holt anyway. I've always thought he was an excellent broadcaster.

Valued Contributor

Last night I believe Lester Holt said I am filling in for Brian Williams. But he can't keep on saying that forever. As everyone on this board says, time to move on.

Honored Contributor

Given the speed with which information is currently disseminated, it is relatively old news.

Honored Contributor

I noted the announcer did not say "NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt."

He said "NBC Nightly News, Lester Holt Reporting." There a distinct difference there.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Lester Holt anchored our local news in Chicago. I met him once in Bloomingdale's too.

He has such an excellent reputation. His son Stefan now anchors the morning news in Chicago for NBC.

Valued Contributor

Last night was the first night for . . .

NBC Nightly News . . . with Lester Holt

NBC officially changed the name of its Nightly News.  It was a little disconcerting, but I'm glad Lester Holt got the job.  He deserves it.

He gave a nod to Brian Williams at the end of the newscast . . .

“Your loyalty and viewership during a difficult time has been appreciated by all of us on this program,” Holt told viewers at the end of tonight’s broadcast. “And I want to express my sincere thanks to my friend and colleague Brian Williams for his kind words of support. We hope to see all of you each and every night.”

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. -- Oscar Wilde
Honored Contributor

I like Lester Holt a lot...they won't skip a beat, now that the situation is resolved and they can start promoting Holt's broadcast.

Valued Contributor

Lester Holt has been a class act throughout this whole situation.  Kudos to him for that.  It had to have been hard to do your best job and wonder if you will get the job or if the other guy will come back.  I saw clips of Lester yesterday morning on the Today Show where he stated he set out his clothes on Sunday night for the next day.  He said it was as if I was in school again.  Then they surprised him with his wife and children.  I am very happy for him.  NBC has started promotions for him also.

Super Contributor

I'm so happy Lester's the permanent anchor.  I'll really miss him on weekend Today though.  I wonder who will take his place on that show.  They've had different fill-ins these past few months that Lester's been doing the NIghtly News.

NickNack1
(formerly NickNack)