Esteemed Contributor

over the years has brought me smiles, laughter, and more than a few giggles. There have been moments of joy and sorrow. I've have learned many things, enjoyed friendships, given and received support, compassion and sympathy. There have been rare spats with other posters and a few mea culpas.

Mostly my experience here has been positive and enjoyable but for many months now much of what I read on various threads leaves me with deep sadness, bewilderment and even fear for the future of American society.

When did so many become so mean, so uncaring, so hateful? Have poster attitudes changed that much, have they always been like that but abided by conventional social mores and kept quiet or is it just that I am here more so see more?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's political

Valued Contributor

@Marp wrote:

over the years has brought me smiles, laughter, and more than a few giggles. There have been moments of joy and sorrow. I've have learned many things, enjoyed friendships, given and received support, compassion and sympathy. There have been rare spats with other posters and a few mea culpas.

Mostly my experience here has been positive and enjoyable but for many months now much of what I read on various threads leaves me with deep sadness, bewilderment and even fear for the future of American society.

When did so many become so mean, so uncaring, so hateful? Have poster attitudes changed that much, have they always been like that but abided by conventional social mores and kept quiet or is it just that I am here more so see more?

Just look at the streets of Chicago today. Angry protestors everywhere. Guess they have no job they have to be at or just don' care.  The mood of this country has drastically changed over the past 7 years and it is not a good change that is for sure.

Honored Contributor

I hear you. I spent a long time on QVC forums where I never came into this forum or viewpoints because I really didn't notice it was here. I'm starting to think that was the best accidental decision I ever made and I should go back to it. Community chat is just mean, nasty and divisive much more than it's ever postiive. I wish they'd go back to not listing community chat/viewpoints on the new posts list. Or maybe I should just go into my profiile and change my homepage from the new posts page to one of my other favorite forums. Then I won't even see any of the posts listed to click on them. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

@physicsnut

You're incorrect, the mood of this country has been constantly changing.  I know you were alive during the 1960's, those times were turbulent.

P.S.  I hope you were able to see a doctor whatever was ailing you.  Remember, if you need to move to another state for better healthcare, do it.  I hope all is well with you. Peace.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Just look at the streets of Chicago today. Angry protestors everywhere. Guess they have no job they have to be at or just don' care.  The mood of this country has drastically changed over the past 7 years and it is not a good change that is for sure.

Good example of blaming others when it comes right from American airways and into the living rooms of the followers.

Respected Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

@Marp wrote:

Yes, look at them. Exercising their constitutional right by marching peacefully. Marching peacefully to draw attention to a systemic corruption that has plagued Chicago for years. 

Yours is the kind of hate talk that taints this board. Your agenda shines like a beacon out of every post you make.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

@physicsnut wrote:

@Marp wrote:

I don't think that's quite a fair statement about the protestors in Chicago, @physicsnut.   It makes it seem as if they have no valid reason to protest and they're just hanging out.  Some might be but most are serious.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

IMO - this board had gotten nasty beyond comprehension right before QVC overhauled it. At that time , due to much more moderation, they all went over and started a new board. Peace here for a while. Very decent. Then just lately they are back bringing all their vitrol with them. I don't know or care what happened in the new place but I am betting it was something ugly, because it was ugly people who were posting there.But , nevertheless, they are back and we seem to be stuck with them unless QVC catches on and gets rid of them. The best way to deal with them is to ignore them, if they don't get a rise out of you they will go on to someone else.

Esteemed Contributor

Please don't make this thread about @physicsnut.

That's what facebook ______'s do.  Change the subject to what they want to discuss.  

D I V E R S I O N 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow