Respected Contributor

Re: This Antonella Comment Was Different from Her Jon Bon Jovi Comment but It Was Wonderful

Faith is wonderful.  But, when a host uses it to sell jewelry - Sometimes, makes me cringe a little.

Honored Contributor

Re: This Antonella Comment Was Different from Her Jon Bon Jovi Comment but It Was Wonderful

So it is an admonishment.  I guess calling a poster a "self-righteous fool" wasn't quite enough.

Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

What happened to having FREE WILL as commanded? No one can give me faith, that I have to do on my own. My parents can show me the way but it is up to me whether I want to follow that path or not. 

I thought the exact same thing @JaneMarple.  No one can give you faith.  You come to that on your own.  Parents give guidance and hopefully, it is in the right direction.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

It is wonderful that she touched your heart but sad that her comment is good enough for the FCC but not for the forums.   She does speak from her heart so we do know is was precious and heartfelt @golding76

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

@golding76  It's a shame we have to watch everything we say.  I thought Antonella's comment was beautiful. 

Honored Contributor

MJ12, how sad the second post was removed.  It was conciliatory and seeking common ground.

Sadly, people see and interpret what they want.

Esteemed Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

Is this thread actually meant to start some big kerfuffle? First of all, the secrecy and the suspense while someone finally spills the beans. Secondly, the non issue portrayed as something "others" might take offense to. She said nothing but a one word assessment of parental gift bestowed upon her. I am a spiritual person, but not into religious dogma. It didn't offend me. She didn't get up on a soapbox and start preaching did she??? I was given many things by my parents which had more to do with moral values, humanity toward our fellow human beings, and appreciation for family. You can call that faith as well, but it has nothing to do with organized religion.

@Love your post @RainCityWoman and I especially want to point out my agreement with what I bolded. Too many people automatically assume that having faith or being taught good values means you must subscribe to a religion. Not so.

Thanks, Sarina, for your positive response.

Honored Contributor

I understand the caution, Goldie76.  I had two posts (on two topics that had been previously mentioned, followed and discussed for some time) whisked away recently.

Unlike you with this post, I was more ornery and disbelieving about the first one disappearing.  But the second one poofing tells me that there is a renewed desire at QVC to manage topics very closely.

And of course, it is their right.  Very possibly this will be poofed as well.

Respected Contributor

It was very sweet of Antonella to publicly acknowledge the influencial power of her parents over her own mind.  I'm kind of stuck on the verb "give" and weigh it against "remove" within the same context.  Aw well, she's happy with her thought on that and I'm happy for her.

Honored Contributor

Apparently Antonella views her faith as a gift and her intent behind the statement is hers and hers alone.

Yes we get it-parents can steer us in our faith and ultimately we can decide how to carry faith in our lives.

However, faith is not necessarily organized religion;  whether our faith is based on organized religion or not depends upon how we were guided as wee ones.  Some people have absolutely no need for religion or faith, however they interpret either one.

Just perhaps those who are comfortable with having faith are grateful for having had that guidance.   Or just perhaps some are renewed by discovering faith later in life.

Some need no faith at all.   It's all how one determines what is right for them.

Too much twisting and analyzing her words. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh