Honored Contributor

So this isn't the first time this has happened to me. I watched a show with David the day after it aired, I was interested in the Temptations large soup mug with lid in a certain pattern. The video said it was sold out, but to my surprise it supposedly wasn't sold out ( I don't know if this is due to people changing their minds  and canceling or they miscalculate the customer purchases). So I order it, I get an email thanking me for my order. I got an email yesterday stating it was out of stock, they don't know if they'll be able to fulfill my order. This happened not long ago to me I ordered a pair of sunglasses before they sold out, my order went through but a day or two later I was on waitlist, I cancelled it. 

Honored Contributor

I don't understand how this happens ... either the HAVE it in stock .... or they DON'T have it.   

Could it be because they allow people to "order" it and promise to send in a check within 10 days ... so the retailer holds them aside?   Why not stop allowing check payments?

I wish I understood why this happens ... ever.

Honored Contributor

Happened to me too several times in the past several months.  Sold out the next day.  

It's been discussed here several times that their counters must not be able to keep up with actual sales at the time.  We also see a lot of an item still in stock the next day after the hosts said it was sold out.  Some were probably cancellations and credit card denials, but all colors and sizes still in stock the next day?

Trusted Contributor

Re: This Annoys Me

[ Edited ]

Hi, @Jordan2 !  My observation is that the Q's inventory system is as outdated as their website.  The ordering portion of their system has no idea what the inventory is.

It's another lesson they should take from HSN.  Their order/inventory deduction system is real time.  (Not so much if someone cancels an order, though.). 

I was thrilled when I saw them adopt the heart for wishlisting and item.  It still takes you to wishlist which is totally unnecessary but I think a limitation of Q's crank-started computer system.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 

I would go by the standard I use with people/businesses, and almost all interactions with others.

"Fool me once?"  Could be an honest mistake or misunderstanding. "Fool me twice"?  There are too many online retailers out there to be annoyed by any single one of them.

My last purchase here was before we moved into our present home in 2000. Why? I paid the extra to get an Oreck Vacuum 2nd day air. After 3 days I call them, and? It hadn't even shipped. Cancelled that order and I have never ordered from them since. I gave them only the "Fool me once"!

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I would think it stems from high employment turnover, and untrained "new" workers...

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

l don't buy QVC , used to spend Over $1000 a month when l was addicted to it . Now l shop Amazon , so much cheaper , easy free returns and free shipping with Prime that l have and use every day ! !

Respected Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

Hi, @Jordan2 !  My observation is that the Q's inventory system is as outdated as their website.  The ordering portion of their system has no idea what the inventory is.

It's another lesson they should take from HSN.  Their order/inventory deduction system is real time.  (Not so much if someone cancels an order, though.). 

I was thrilled when I saw them adopt the heart for wishlisting and item.  It still takes you to wishlist which is totally unnecessary but I think a limitation of Q's crank-started computer system.

@MJDinVegas  I agree with you 100%!  The Q's inventory system is outdated.  The retail company I worked for a decade ago had a better system on our cash registers than does QVC's system today. I doesn't seem like they care to invest money for an upgrade either.  Have had the same problem as you have had. Different item, same problem.

Trusted Contributor

Too many issues lately for me, and I have LOVED QVC for over 30 years.

1. Screaming, oddly dressed, giggling, unprofessional hosts

2. HIGH prices of mediocre items, particularly clothing

3. Terrible shipping

4. SLOW returns and exchanges (???)

5. Price changes throughout the day and week

I know that others have complained about these same concerns and MANY more.  Just disappointing!

Honored Contributor

Re: This Annoys Me

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 

I have had the same problem too----An item I liked still showed in stock, but after I went through entering all my info to make the purchase it came up OUT OF STOCK....and there was no indication that the item was selling well or limited🙄....SMH

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”