Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thirteen Year Old Girl to be Charged...

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

In the article it says that a Go Fund Me page has been set up as a platform to share updates on her son and the goal is $100,000 but I am not seeing what this money will be used besides to share updates. I am just curious as to why $100k is needed to share updates.

I think this is terrible and I do think the girl should be charged. How awful this mother has to go through something so senseless and preventable.

@Irshgrl31201

My guess would be funeral expenses .....   and legal fees.  Someone is going to get sued .... JMO.

Gotcha and thanks @Tinkrbl44. I did think it would probably funeral expenses. As for legal fees, do you mean for the family to sue? I was thinking that would be on contingency.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would also assume that a parent who has a child life flighted hundreds of miles away would not leave the child.  There is probably weeks or months of lost wages.  I know if my child were in that situation no doubt I would be by his side every minute of the day and night.

Esteemed Contributor

Incredibly sad. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

In the article it says that a Go Fund Me page has been set up as a platform to share updates on her son and the goal is $100,000 but I am not seeing what this money will be used besides to share updates. I am just curious as to why $100k is needed to share updates.

I think this is terrible and I do think the girl should be charged. How awful this mother has to go through something so senseless and preventable.

@Irshgrl31201

My guess would be funeral expenses .....   and legal fees.  Someone is going to get sued .... JMO.

Gotcha and thanks @Tinkrbl44. I did think it would probably funeral expenses. As for legal fees, do you mean for the family to sue? I was thinking that would be on contingency.

The boy was in hospital on life support for several weeks before he died.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

So much WTF with this one. So many people failed these kids. Just.....sad.

Frequent Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201

The boy was in hospital on life support for several weeks before he died.

Like I said.  This hospital is a good 8-9 hours away from home.

Respected Contributor

That hospital bill is probably in the millions. 

Honored Contributor

I think he was a mentally ill child who should not have had total, unsupervised access to the internet.  He fell for the prank beacuse of his emotional or mental problems and that is why the kid killed hisself.  If not the prank, it would have been something else.  The mother is in denial because in her heart she knows, she didn't  do well by her child.  She's all dolled up and making the rounds of cable news shows, that tells me a lot about her and it isn't good.

Respected Contributor

Kids today are not naive. IMHO There is no way she didn't understand the gravity of what she was doing. She should be charged. She's dangerous. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think he was a mentally ill child who should not have had total, unsupervised access to the internet.  He fell for the prank beacuse of his emotional or mental problems and that is why the kid killed hisself.  If not the prank, it would have been something else.  The mother is in denial because in her heart she knows, she didn't  do well by her child.  She's all dolled up and making the rounds of cable news shows, that tells me a lot about her and it isn't good.

Incredibly sad story, suicide at such a young age is very upsetting to me.  I agree with you on this.  This is not the response that I would expect from a well-child after learning of a death of a friend.  Sadness, rage, running downstairs in tears to tell mom his friend had died.  It is hard for me to understand how a child of this age would respond to a death of a friend by taking his own life.  Eleven is very young... elementary school.  

Even if he fell for the "prank" and believed his friend had killed herself, to take that next step of killing himself is a really big leap.  Not sure I agree with the girl being charged with anything based in what I've read in the short article, but trust the police have more evidence that isn't being publicized.