Esteemed Contributor

Thirteen Year Old Girl to be Charged...

An 11-year-old Michigan boy hanged himself after his 13-year-old girlfriend faked her own suicide as part of a “manipulative” social media prank, his mother told The Post.

Katrina Goss, of Marquette, said her son Tysen Benz died at a hospital in Ann Arbor on Tuesday after she found him trying to take his life on March 14. She said that she later learned her son’s suicide attempt was in response to a sick online joke.

The shocking stunt, Goss claimed, was carefully coordinated between the teen girl — whose name is being withheld by The Post because she is a minor — and her friends.

“I’m quite angry,” Goss said in an interview on Thursday.

“I feel like, yeah, they’re young and all that, but I feel like when you’re 13, you’re completely knowledgeable of your choices and you know right from wrong. You can make your own choices. I do feel like she took advantage of a younger boy to control and manipulate him.

“I don’t feel like it should be taken lightly. She should be held legally responsible for this horrific prank.”

Capt. Mike Kohler of the Marquette Police Department confirmed there’s an investigation into Tysen’s death, but declined to comment directly on his mother’s allegations

*Call Tyrone*
QVC Customer Care

Re: Thirteen Year Old Girl to be Charged...

Honored Contributor

Source? I don't see anything in the OP that says what she's being charged with. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I saw that on the news.  Not sure how to handle this one.  Many times these kids aren't as aware of the news as adults are.  I can just imagine what the parents are thinking!

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann don't tell me what to do.....This story is already days old.  I just read it today along with the San Bernadino story.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Where is the charge?

Esteemed Contributor

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

Source? I don't see anything in the OP that says what she's being charged with. 

She's posted a link to a video, but no print story. Not staying up for this one.

Honored Contributor

This entire mess  makes me sick. When does a 13 year old girl have an 11 year old boyfriend?  Any 13 year old girl wouldn't be caught dead with an 11 year old boyfriend

How does this kind of thing even get started?  I think the 13 year old is a sick person. I also think most 11 year olds wouldn't take their own life ,over something like this. It sounds like a couple of really disturbed kids  found one another, unfortunately

Frequent Contributor